Join Early Retirement Today

Yet ANOTHER Chicken Sandwich
Old 12-11-2019, 10:43 AM   #1
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Yet ANOTHER Chicken Sandwich

McD's is getting into the "we hate Chick-Fil-A" game and are introducing their version. I find it interesting that they are going to use the same kind of bag as CFA, too. I am not sure what happened, but a few years ago they launched a "Southern Style" chicken sandwich that was very similar to the CFA version and was pretty good but it was soon removed from the menu.

Anyway, McD's...your problem isn't that you don't have a good chicken sandwich, your problem is that your customer service is crap compared to CFA.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/12/06/tels...ally-good.html
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-11-2019, 10:50 AM   #2
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExFlyBoy5 View Post
Anyway, McD's...your problem isn't that you don't have a good chicken sandwich, your problem is that your customer service is crap compared to CFA.
It is my pleasure to agree with this.

JoeWras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 10:56 AM   #3
Give me a forum ...

CFA's service is top notch by me, especially for fast food.
However McD's has the automated machine order service and brings the food to the table, so pretty good overall too.
Old 12-11-2019, 11:12 AM   #4
Recycles dryer sheets

CFA has table side service that you can order with your phone. I love their mobile app!
Old 12-11-2019, 11:52 AM   #5
Full time employment: Posting here.

Chick-fil-a is a class act. With lots of profits. No wonder everyone is trying to dethrone them. Their Mac & Cheese is to die for.

I tried the Popeyes sandwich and was unimpressed. Maybe the McD one will be better.

You know, one of the best chicken sandwiches I have had recently is the Zaxby's TLC. You don't hear much about it, but it was really tasty (to me).
Old 12-11-2019, 12:22 PM   #6
gone traveling

I like McD's $1 chicken sandwich.
It is not very good, but it is only $1. I buy 2 and combine (toss redundant bread) into 1. Share drink with wife.
McD's does not make money from me.
davebarnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 04:34 PM   #7
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Agree with the Chik-Fil-A service.
Each Franchisee only gets one restaurant I'll bet they're there at least 12 hours a day 6 days a week.
Old 12-11-2019, 05:37 PM   #8

As for the CFA bag, when I was younger, and even dumber, I was in a hurry to get back to work and brought my CFA sandwich back to eat later. So, I then took it to the microwave and put it, in its paper&foil-lined bag. Needless to say, the show was colorful, and sandwich was barbecued.
Old 12-11-2019, 06:29 PM   #9

I have no idea what CFA's service is like, as I despise their politics, and if I were to eat fast food (a once in a blue moon situation for me anyway), I would sooner get a Big Mac. I have never set foot in a CFA or eaten their food, and I probably never will.

Luckily for me, there are plenty of local/regional "casual fast food" chains around here, like California Tortilla, Five Guys, and Moby Dick House of Kabob.
Old 12-11-2019, 06:47 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtail View Post
CFA's service is top notch by me, especially for fast food.
However McD's has the automated machine order service and brings the food to the table, so pretty good overall too.
Sorry, I can't agree your McD's rating whether they deliver it to your table or not. Good customer service is not DIY ordering. Nor is it having a person to help you at the ordering Kiosk. I hate that stuff with a passion! I've never been to a CFA so cannot comment on their service.
CRLLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 06:53 PM   #11
Give me a forum ...

I've tried CFA's, Bojangles', Popeye's, Burger King's and Jack's fried chicken sandwiches. I found all but BK's to be just great.

And I'm amazed at CFA's incredible rise in sales--up to 3rd of all American fast food restaurants. And they haven't even got started good yet. I attribute their success to be from quality of the food, quality of the people working there and God is truly blessing CFA as a company. Remember: "Never on Sunday."

Truett Cathey lived in the south end of Atlanta, and he was a Baptist Sunday School teacher and local philanthropist. There's no telling how many CFA workers received scholarships from Mr. Cathey personally and also from CFA. Stay with CFA through college, and they will very often pay your tuition and put young, motivated workers into management rolls that often comes with a franchise at a young age.

It's pretty doubtful that anyone really knows what CFA's politics are. Politics and being in any business are almost like damned if you do and damned if you don't--loose/loose situation. You can bet that the Cathey family personally thinks just like the majority of us Southerns--very conservative.
Bamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 08:08 PM   #12
Give me a forum ...

Mod note: If we want to keep talking about chicken sandwiches, lets talk about chicken sandwiches. The politics of chicken sandwich vendors, pro and con, will take us from chicken to Pork(y) in a hurry.

Thank you.
samclem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 09:23 PM   #13
Give me a forum ...

I love chick FIL sandwiches and the people are so nice.
Teacher Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 09:29 PM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

I have never been to Chick-Fil-A. I had no idea that their chicken sandwiches were different from any others.

Happily retired since 2009, at age 61. Best years of my life by far!
W2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 09:43 PM   #15
Give me a forum ...

Around here CFA is so popular they had to innovate drive thru lanes that lap the building and use order takers working the line. Not sure how effective it is since I never use it nut o don’t see anyone waiting long to get their meals. Inside service is quick and courteous. Food is high quality and cheaper than McD.
Old 12-12-2019, 12:05 AM   #16

Try Chester's chicken. They are usually within or next to convience stores or services station like BP or Food Mart. They make some seriously good chicken!
tinlizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 04:44 AM   #17
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
I love chick FIL sandwiches and the people are so nice.
It is a lost art to manage bottom rung service workers this way. I really don't know how they do it. My first post above about "my pleasure" is no joke. It is one of their catch phrases. When a customer gets their food and says "thanks" to one of the workers, you'll get an automatic "my pleasure" back from them.

In other places, you are lucky to get a grunt.

As for McD's, it used to be like this! A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away (late 60s), McD's workers were also front line pleasant and helpful. Now, walk in and give an order and you are lucky to get decent interaction at all. I think since they put in the kiosks, it has actually gone down. Almost like: "Why don't you use the kiosk, you are making me work by taking your order" kind of thing.

I'll end it with this. For processed chicken sandwiches, I like Burger King's. Love the artificial pressed taste of it. I'm not joking -- much like I love the McRib, which gets me into McDs. CFA has the best "real meat" sandwich tho.

JoeWras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 05:31 AM   #18

I like CFA but usually go to Raising Cane's for fried chicken. Their service and quality is also top notch. Tried Zaxby's a couple times but not nearly as good.
I also don't go to any fast food place where I feel like I'm bothering the workers by being there. That pretty much rules out most of the others. Haven't eaten at McD or BK in over 20 years due to the lack of service and low quality of the food.
Old 12-12-2019, 06:52 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz4cash View Post
Around here CFA is so popular they had to innovate drive thru lanes that lap the building and use order takers working the line.
Good idea when they are busy, but McDonalds was doing this in some locations over a decade ago.
mpeirce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 06:54 AM   #20

Anyone tried the new Popeye's sandwich? I followed the ruckus this summer with interest, and now that it's back I'm interested in trying it, but both locations are 20 mins away, so I'm not sure it's worth the trip (or calories!)
Aerides is offline   Reply With Quote