Yet, ANOTHER use for dryer sheets!

Fireup2020

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
This was a piece from my cheapskate.com newsletter I get - and of course this forum came to mind and I had to share :angel:

SOILOVE SAVES THE DAY. I use Soilove (www.SoapsGoneBuy.com) to remove permanent marker and other inks from the outside of my Tupperware. It also removes sticky residue from labels and price tags. I simply take a dryer sheet that I have already used twice and lay it over the ink or adhesive. I apply 1/2 teaspoon Soilove and wait about three minutes. I then take the dryer sheet and rub the surface until the ink or adhesive is gone. I then wash the Tupperware as usual. The dryer sheet acts as a conduit for the Soilove so it can stay concentrated on the area and not drip everywhere. Stephenee D., California

Is Stephenee a member here?? (notice, she reuses dryer sheets too!)

Has anyone mentioned it removes, or at least covers, the smell in shoes?

I'm finding that manufacturers are gradually moving towards price stickers that come off in one piece and leave no residue.

I got a big, fat "you are parking in the wrong spot, a-hole" sticker on my window on monday. Any idea how to get the adhesive off?

And it was my spot. Dunno why they stickered me and haven't even got a response to my e-mail at work asking about this.

So Brewer, they demand that you come in but they won't let you park? Sarah is right.

to remove permanent marker and other inks from the outside of my Tupperware. It also removes sticky residue from labels and price tags.

Thanks, looks like pot luck at the lodge will be adding significantly to my Tupperware collection ... >:D

Brewer, this on top of the snarky email? That is one sucky workplace!
Fleeeeee fleeeeeee fleeeeee!

I think it was a misunderstanding. The parking spot is where we are moving to in a few months, not where we are now. But you can see how much fun I am having just getting here.

I got a big, fat "you are parking in the wrong spot, a-hole" sticker on my window on monday. Any idea how to get the adhesive off?

And it was my spot. Dunno why they stickered me and haven't even got a response to my e-mail at work asking about this.

Windex should do it !

I guess you are lucky they tagged your window and not your paint.

I'd recommend you gradually escalate in the solvent war: Start with "Goo Gone" (available in K-Mart, I think auto parts stores carry it), then try rubbing alcohol, mineral spirits ("paint thinner" from hardware store), then try a little gasoline, finally try acetone (nail polish remover). Keep all this stuff off your paint.

Razorblade is indeed the way to get sticky stuff off your windows. They even sell little holders for the blades at the auto counter usually.

Razorblade...

There was a razor blade in my desk when I moved to my new office....didnt realize how useful having one can be...;) Great for cutting our corporate return address off our envelopes for personal use....Dont know what the previous guy use it for...:p

Apparently fabric softener works to loosen wallpaper ! Did I go off subject ? Drat !
Yeah, according to this thread...going off subject, is no longer allowed...;) Great tip, though...I probably will need it more than knowing how to remove "a-hole" stickers...

http://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f32/draft-community-rules-30434.html

Last edited:
If you store your car for long periods of time, 6 months or more, dryer sheets placed in the car, under the hood, and any other place you can think of can help to keep four legged friends from making your car their new home.

A second for Goo-Gone. It is truly a miracle product.

The razor blade first will make it easier, though.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom