You Can't Make This Stuff Up

MasterBlaster

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Women's rights activists in Uganda finally got the attention of the Western press in December, when London's The Independent verified the plight of Jennipher Alupot, who periodically for seven years had been forced to breastfeed her husband's hunting dogs as she was nursing the couple's own children. Farmer Nathan Awoloi of Pallisa explained that his dogs needed to eat, and since he was forced to send Jennipher's family two milk cows in order to win her hand, he felt his demands were reasonable. [The Independent, 12-31-09]

Scene:

I'm reading this post. DW walks by in the hallway and I can't resist saying out loud "What's wrong with that?"

Maybe if she relents I can sleep in the garage tonight....:LOL:

Farmer Nathan Awoloi of Pallisa explained that his dogs needed to eat, and since he was forced to send Jennipher's family two milk cows in order to win her hand, he felt his demands were reasonable. [The Independent, 12-31-09]

A reasonable request I suppose, but it would seem feeding the dogs ought to be a "shared" responsibility................and dogs do eat meat don't they?:yuk:

We must respect cultural differences, mustn't we?

Ha

Reminds me of "Why buy the cow when you get the milk for free"

But as DW says, "Why buy the pig when all you want is the sausage."

Maybe his wife is a dog.

Women's rights activists in Uganda finally got the attention of the Western press in December, when London's The Independent verified the plight of Jennipher Alupot, who periodically for seven years had been forced to breastfeed her husband's hunting dogs as she was nursing the couple's own children. Farmer Nathan Awoloi of Pallisa explained that his dogs needed to eat, and since he was forced to send Jennipher's family two milk cows in order to win her hand, he felt his demands were reasonable. [The Independent, 12-31-09]

A rare speechless moment is occurring here in my living room...:blink:

We must respect cultural differences, mustn't we?

Ha
Well, I'll put it this way...let me have a couple of minutes with that guy and I'll pay my respects.

Just a few minutes will be enough.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom