Join Early Retirement Today

Old 12-28-2022, 07:08 PM   #41
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by COcheesehead View Post
Down 21%. Ok
On sale.
F.I.R.E User is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-28-2022, 07:14 PM   #42
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.I.R.E User View Post
On sale.
Or sliding down the slope.
COcheesehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2022, 07:48 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.I.R.E User View Post
Vtsax.
Quote:
Originally Posted by COcheesehead View Post
Down 21%.
Depends when it was bought. 6 month chart shows about break even.
Old 12-28-2022, 08:02 PM   #44
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry1 View Post
Depends when it was bought. 6 month chart shows about break even.
YTD looks anything less than breakeven.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 73E11155-A7A5-40B5-8779-1E4FD6746DA5.jpg (177.1 KB, 57 views)
COcheesehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2022, 08:22 PM   #45

I was thinking my iMac but realized that was 2021 and my iWatch was 2021 also. I could not think of anything else, so I asked my DH and he quickly answered our new camper. He said that he had a lot of fun in it this summer on our month long trip. It is parked at our DD's house. How quickly I forget.
Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2022, 08:31 PM   #46
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

The Bolt EUV ("poor man's Tesla") we purchased in September. Fun to drive and a real pleasure to be able to wake up every morning with a full "tank".
Old 12-28-2022, 10:15 PM   #47
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by REWahoo View Post
The Bolt EUV ("poor man's Tesla") we purchased in September. Fun to drive and a real pleasure to be able to wake up every morning with a full "tank".
I couldn't agree more! We just purchased ours about a month ago. Got lucky and found the exact model and color we were looking for on a local dealer lot with no ADM or dealer add on packages.
Love that Chevy covered the cost of and arranged the install of proper 220 outlet to use the free level 2 ESVE included with the EUV.
Love the one pedal driving mode and heated and cooled seats. IMG20221115142119.jpgIMG20221118172707.jpg
2HOTinPHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2022, 06:09 AM   #48

Definitely the upgrade to the iRobot Roomba 3+ EVO with automatic empty. I love that I can have it clean a single room or the whole house on demand, and don't have to touch it. Simple pleasure.
bizlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2022, 07:19 AM   #49

Trip to Peru, including guided Inca Trail hike.
Trailwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2022, 07:37 AM   #50
Give me a forum ...

Man, there sure are some great gifts everyone has bought for themselves. The joys of hard work make things easier in life.
street is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2022, 07:39 AM   #51

DH and I each bought an iPad. We are Android users and anguished over whether or not to buy our first Apple product. We received a lot of helpful tips and advice from folks here and decided to go for it. So glad we did!
Toast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2022, 07:42 AM   #52

iPhone 14 Pro Max. First time I've had the big size, and I love it. Worried at first about the extra weight, but it doesn't actually seem that heavy and still fits in my pocket just fine. The extra screen real estate is a joy for these aging eyes.
Old 12-29-2022, 07:58 AM   #53

Well I'll have to list 2... and the one I actually paid over twice the asking price...
1st would be our new toyhauler camper picked up in May. 2 years old, barely used, and $15K less than new. Its already been to 8 states...
The other was a buddies home brewing set up and supplies... He made me a deal, and I split the stuff with another friend. We paid him over TWICE his asking price and still felt we got the better end of the deal.
Old 01-03-2023, 03:43 PM   #54

In 2022, we once again avoided travel, and spent $ on things instead. My top three included a new projector ($5K Epson LS12000), AVR ($5K Denon AVR-X8500HA), and high-end blue tooth headphones ($0.7K Bowers & Wilkins PX8). Of the three, I'd have to say the new projector, which is brighter, has deeper blacks, and better contrast, is what I enjoy and use the most.

Just so you don't think it was all about me, my wife enjoyed buying some LV purses and a LV wallet, other purses, and other wallets, and a nice pendant necklace (oh, and some Hermes belts).
Old 01-03-2023, 03:49 PM   #55

My Fitbit Versa 4.
It's the little things
Old 01-03-2023, 03:56 PM   #56
Recycles dryer sheets

It's the little things

I had a mishap in May & broke a small bone in my left arm and a bad tibia plateau break, requiring "bone material" and a metal plate, still hobbling but getting better.

Anyway, I had bought a tub bench for scooting into the shower, but I don't need it anymore, I got one of those shower chairs that fits inside the tub, It's great for washing feet or just sitting down while washing my hair. It is a great improvement for bathroom safety.

I am hoping to get a low miles or new Lincoln Aviator before the gov't bans buying new ICE vehicles. I am not interested in electric cars yet, and I don't like the government telling me what I can drive.
JohnRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 04:06 PM   #57
Administrator

The worlds best light for a music stand - I can finally see the ENTIRE page with this spendy light: Giglight Max

After decades of lame stand lights designed to torture musicians in various ways (will it die in the middle of the set, will it fall off the stand mid-song and make a clatter as it falls, did I miss the last 2 measures on each stave, am I going blind, I CAN'T SEE) someone finally got it right.

Grateful.
Old 01-03-2023, 04:12 PM   #58
Give me a forum ...

Our favorite 2022 purchase long awaited was our Tesla Model X. It’s been a very enjoyable adventure so far.
Old 01-03-2023, 04:33 PM   #59

A Honda CRV. I had been living in the city without a car for 5 years. We are moving to the countryside and knew I would be needing a car out there. Wow! It was an unexpected jolt of freedom!
Old 01-03-2023, 04:42 PM   #60

DW does not participate on her own here, so as with many things we do them together.
For experiences, it is a hard toss up between the UK trip to see friends, or our 10 day trip across the US.
For things it is the sewing machine just a few days ago. That one is easy, she takes great joy in her craft.
Today she said she didn't want to go to work anymore. Thank you sewing machine!

EDIT: OK the wife chimed in putting our road trip on top.
Operating Engineer for a commercial plumbing contractor
skyking1 is offline   Reply With Quote