Your top three timeless favorite instrumental-only romantic/soft music

Indeed, Ravel's Bolero is very romantic, particularly if one remembers the scene in "10" between Bo Derek and Dudley Moore.

I don't remember that scene (or, honestly, much of anything from that movie), but I absolutely love Ravel's Bolero. One of my all-time favorites. Probably listen to it 15-20 times a year.

I don't remember that scene (or, honestly, much of anything from that movie), but I absolutely love Ravel's Bolero. One of my all-time favorites. Probably listen to it 15-20 times a year.

The Pachelbel Canon in D has a similar swelling mood to it.

I knew of Ravel's Bolero before the movie "10", but that scene keeps popping up in my head every time I hear the piece.

In that movie, Moore played a man who, in his middle-life crisis, became infatuated with a young bride played by Derek that he happened to see at her wedding ceremony. When he saw her again by chance at her honeymoon location, he was seduced by her with that music piece. His fantasy was shattered when he discovered that she was not the innocent nymph that he had imagined.

Here's the scene prior to the more explicit "romantic" act.

PS. My, this movie is a long time ago, back when we were still going to the theater once a week. We stopped going to the movie at least 20 years ago.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom