1970s all over again?

Hmmm, so how do you know this? :cool:

Looked it up on the CME ;).

Actually, how do you think I am nearing ER? There's two ways to skin a cat. :D

P.S. just kidding before the SWAT squad shows up. I have a kid in college, it's pretty common knowledge there. Right up there with the price of Busch beer. Boulder you know.

Last edited:
Why not, did you stop? It costs about 30 times more now, but that probably matches the BLS CPI-U.:D

however, if appropriate "hedonic adjustments" are made, it may be a better deal now. Back in the 70s, you could actually smoke an entire joint and walk away semi-coherent! :cool:

however, if appropriate "hedonic adjustments" are made, it may be a better deal now. Back in the 70s, you could actually smoke an entire joint and walk away semi-coherent! :cool:

Well, well, well....hmmmmmm..........O0

Whatever are you folks talking about? :p

DSOTM was in the Billboard Top 200 for 751 weeks! Still sounds good, even without the organic enhancement... :angel:

Whatever are you folks talking about? :p

DSOTM was in the Billboard Top 200 for 751 weeks! Still sounds good, even without the organic enhancement... :angel:

I agree! But who would have thought in the 70's that we'd be listening to it on something like an ipod more than 30 years later

Or another oil crisis 30 yrs later :D Or dealing with Iran thumping its chest 30 yrs later ;)

Hedonic Adjustments would be a great name for a rock band.....:D

I was thinking of a song title (sung to the tune of "Winchester Cathedral").

Hedonic adjustments
You're bringing me down...

Gee thanks...

First, lazy gets Gilbert O'Sullivan stuck in my head. Now, this... :dead:

There are "time warp" college towns in coastal California that have been stuck in the 70s since the 70s! I remember being amazed at Santa Cruz in the early 90s. But Arcata in 2008 was exactly the same - tie dye shirts, sandals, long scraggly hair, people running around with petitions on the town square green, VW vans everywhere. I mean college kids who weren't even born in the 70s are living in the 70s!

The only clues that it's really 2000s - iPods and cell phones prevalent.

Audrey

Wait, I was talking about choosing among Marlboro, Winston, Salem, and those up and coming Virginia Slims. What are you talking about, RockOn? :)

Red Man or Apple Sun Cured - left the Skoal in 69 when I moved from the Pac NW.

Right? :D

heh heh heh - also put my Pendleton shirts in mothballs along with the Beachboys. :cool: Not that I'm older than dirt or anything.

Yeah, but its GOOD crack.

This is a good learning experience for me. I didnt know that crack made you paranoid and sort of slow in the thought process area...

Jeopardy...What is fishing with leadcore line called?

I was thinking Camels, or maybe Columbian :eek:

Camel straights were the choice of the tough guys--

I did see that a pack of nonfunny cigarettes now costs $10 in NYC (talk about your hedonic whatchamacallit!). As a two-plus-pack-a-dayer in the early 70s I'd be broke if I still smoked.

Back
Top Bottom