Votes: 15 14.3%

Votes: 30 28.6%

Votes: 32 30.5%

Votes: 9 8.6%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 1.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Three more trading days. Dow 10,547 (rounds to Dow 11,000 :D)

Audrey

It does but no rounding on my poll absolute difference is what counts.

Oh THANK GOODNESS!! In the past, our polls have been pretty close. If the Dow is 11,000 at the end of the year, as this poll predicts so far, I will be deliriously happy, the universe will be regaining its balance, and all that sort of good thing. :D

In case anybody wondered, after reading the above 1/6/09 post, I should note that I am already deliriously happy, the universe is regaining its balance, and all that sort of good thing. :D

Aren't we a prescient group or what!! Since we couldn't vote in 500 increments, it's fair to say that the group predicted 10,500 (average of the two largest cohorts), and we will be very close to the actual number on 12/31/09. :)

The difference between the Jan prediction and the index. Ronstar guessed 10,418 which means he is only off by 129 points from today's close of 10,547. The 11,000 folks are off by 453. I'll go back and double check the S&P 500 guesses but I don't think they are very close.

I think the majority of the voters here voted right on .... so far.

I think I voted for either 6000 or 7000 and I am glad I was wrong.

I'm saying 10,487 based on no supporting info. Its just a guess.

The Dow finished at 10,428 and the S&P at 1,115

Ron's "guess" was off by 59 points or tiny .56% error rate an impressive [-]guess [/-] prediction and is the official winner. Look for him on CNBC soon :), I'll contact him regarding his prize.

Not many people made other predictions.

I think mine is probably the most accurate given that Senate leaders vowed not to seat Burris and nobody was discussing Paula leaving the show.
Ronald Burris will be the Senator from Illinois.
Paula Abdul will no longer be a judge on American Idol.

Honorable mention goes to Uncle Mick for forecasting the Saints making the playoff, if he had gone whole hog and predicted the Saints win the Superbowl, that would have been very impressive. (of course they still have to do it:LOL:.)

Also Michael B bold predictions win the best sardonic response.
The Cubs will win the world series
My kids will be thankful for all I have done for them
My wife will appreciate me
President Obama will fix all our problems
Ex-president Bush will admit he was wrong
and...
The Dow will rise 25%

My guess for the Dow on Dec 31, 2009 was 9658, a special number for me. :D

My WAG (and that is all that it will be:cool: ) for the Dow on 12/31/2010 is 9627, a special number for my Mom.

If you see some vague correlation in those numbers, what are those odds? :whistle:

The Dow finished at 10,428 and the S&P at 1,115

Ron's "guess" was off by 59 points or tiny .56% error rate an impressive [-]guess [/-] prediction and is the official winner. Look for him on CNBC soon :), I'll contact him regarding his prize.

Thanks- I'll take the CNBC job if I can work from home

Oh, and thanks for giving us Senator Burris

The Cubs will win the world series
My kids will be thankful for all I have done for them
My wife will appreciate me
President Obama will fix all our problems
Ex-president Bush will admit he was wrong
and...
The Dow will rise 25%
I didn't get one right. Getting them all wrong is just as hard and almost as noteworthy as getting them all right. Good news is I never invest based on my own predictions 'cause I know I won't get them right. :LOL:

Also Michael B bold predictions win the best sardonic response
clifp, my post was not sarcasm, it was hope, and the only one I was close on was the Dow...:LOL:

img_889875_0_68e882c6120df32b82b281e0ba7ef8bf.jpg

Back
Top Bottom