2011 Best & Worst Financial Predictions

Midpack

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Thought this was amusing, with a batting average probably on par with most predictions (not that good). Most don't follow up to report on their results like this.

I have to admit I fell for the Meredith Whitney muni prediction (correct, but so wildly exaggerated in scope as to be essentially false) reminds me why humility is a virtue.
Last year's best and worst financial predictions - CBS News

Last edited:
Nice read, but hardly surprising given the track records of forecasters.

Thanks for posting.

Perhaps we should all bookmark this thread and reference it each time we get another post from someone quoting an expert who "knows" what's about to happen...

John Kenneth Galbraith said
There are two types of forecasters; those that don't know, and those that don't know they don't know.

Reminds me of the call I took from a fidelity rep - "you need exposure to Asia and China".

Good thing I ignored him.

I am reminded of the saying, Economist successfully called 11 of the last 5 recessions.

I have to admit I fell for the Meredith Whitney muni prediction (correct, but so wildly exaggerated in scope as to be essentially false) reminds me why humility is a virtue.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8334-505123_...cial-predictions/?tag=contentMain;contentBody
I did the opposite, whenever some expert recommends something, I bet against them. Bought VG HY muni fund after that, good move. But did miss out on the continued gold uptick...maybe made that move too early?
TJ

Back
Top Bottom