2015 Corvette , On the edge

Not anymore.....as "anybody" can own a Beamer...but not a high end Benz...:LOL:

Being in SoCal, I may have a skewed view. I think I see way more BMWs, but what do I know?

I drive an XJ8 and a Toyota Sequoia
(our beagle buggy).

My BIL in Santa Clara says the Benz dealers have waiting lists almost as long as the Ferrari dealers. :facepalm:

Well, that is NorCal, which I sorta think is a whole 'nother state from SoCal.

Now I am curious about which really is the "state car" of CA. 😎🌴

Our local BMW dealer touts itself as the top dealer in the country, if I recall aright. At least I know what's important 'round these parts.

But remember that with the high cost of housing, no one in California can afford to buy any new car. They lease them--like they lease their wives. Turn'em over from time to time.

"Don't take life too seriously. You won't be coming out of it alive" - Bugs Bunny

We bought a BMW Z4 a few years back as a "date car" when we were in our mid-40s. It was the same year we paid off our house and felt like we were on track to RE by 50. We're in the last year of that now and have certainly enjoyed the roadster - as impractical as it is living in MN. :)View attachment 20861

That is a nice looking car.

Wouldn't be one to talk here. I tend to be excruciatingly frugal, yet...I retire on 3/9 and buy a new Mercedes the week after. Can't wait.

Congrats on your upcoming retirement. What kind of Mercedes will you get?

If you can make it work in your plan, I say go for it. We are trying to do this kind of stuff (things that will be fun and will last) while we are working.

I want a fun car bad and love the vette. It is just so low that I think it will be a pain to get in and out of. The ride does not bother me jsut the entry/exit. Will have to check on out at the upcoming auto show.

Good luck and have fun.

If you can make it work in your plan, I say go for it. We are trying to do this kind of stuff (things that will be fun and will last) while we are working.

I want a fun car bad and love the vette. It is just so low that I think it will be a pain to get in and out of. The ride does not bother me jsut the entry/exit. Will have to check on out at the upcoming auto show.

Good luck and have fun.

The C4 generation corvette (1984-1996) were the ones that could be a pain to get in and out of. It's like crawling out of a hole and not the greatest if you're wearing a dress. Our '60 & '63 you sit more upright and just step out. But there are a lot of fun cars out there.

Well, that is NorCal, which I sorta think is a whole 'nother state from SoCal.

Now I am curious about which really is the "state car" of CA. 😎🌴

Rolls Royce or limousine, in some areas (mine), no car at all in others (transport is bicycle). Anyone in SoCal who doesn't think this has become a winner takes all economy is just not awake, IMO.

The C4 generation corvette (1984-1996) were the ones that could be a pain to get in and out of. It's like crawling out of a hole and not the greatest if you're wearing a dress. Our '60 & '63 you sit more upright and just step out. But there are a lot of fun cars out there.

I would love the 60 or 63. I drool every time I watch Mecum auctions.

Jack Pine, We always had some kind of car(s) we were working on when we were first married. The '63 Split Window was the one car my husband always wanted. We final found one that someone wanted to sell due to financial difficulties. It's really a pretty car. Not a real big fan of the '60 Fuelie but it to is a nice looking car. I'm 5'4" and have to steal a cushion from the sofa to put behind me so I can reach the pedals.

Attachments

• IMG_0492 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_0492 - Copy.JPG
    442.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 60 fuelie - Copy.JPG
    60 fuelie - Copy.JPG
    366.4 KB · Views: 9
The new Z06 is priced starting at ~$78K....nicely equipped is 15% more (or more). Saw an article in Car and Driver today featuring the Z06. Match the performance of the Z06 with an Italian car and you will need 10 times as much cash. Interestingly, GM opted for the 8 speed automatic vs. a DSG like most Euro cars are getting.

Last edited:
Jack Pine, We always had some kind of car(s) we were working on when we were first married. The '63 Split Window was the one car my husband always wanted. We final found one that someone wanted to sell due to financial difficulties. It's really a pretty car. Not a real big fan of the '60 Fuelie but it to is a nice looking car. I'm 5'4" and have to steal a cushion from the sofa to put behind me so I can reach the pedals.

Nice Vette's...;)

Thanks for the pics. Like the 63 but love the 60.

Both are gorgeous.

Thx, Jack Pine & AJA. We do love our cars and trucks.

Well... if (when?) you get it, I would be disappointed if it doesn't see multiple HPDEs/track days. Please don't disappoint me. :cool:
Not to be a snob (or whatever), but you can't possibly experience all that car has to offer on the street, ANY street. And you'd be an ass to try. Gotta find a road course.
So, at the least include the additional $ for a helmet, proper wheels/tires, brakes (fluid and pads), insurance (if you so choose), track time, and gas at the ~ 6 mpg you'll be getting, to your budget. And whatever else may be recommended on the Vette corner carver forums.

Now I've got myself about getting a GTR again...

I'd have to stay in front of you after all. :)

Maybe wait and buy this Corvette instead? If nothing else, y'all might get a chuckle out of the last link...

2015 Corvette Z06: A 650 HP All-American Middle Finger To Euro Supercars

A lady at my gym has a brand new Z06, white, just like the one in the video. I believe her's is a 6 spd manual though. I have quite a few track days under my belt, but even being the purist that I am, I probably would have opted for an auto trans in this particular car. That said, its a gorgeous car, but I doubt she will ever use the car for what it was intended for:nonono:

Happy New Year.

Been saving money and socking it away. Have enough to ER but not going to happen in the next 5 years. Want to but a Corvette and can swing it, but can't break down the mental block of spending money on something I really do not need. For those who have been saving and been rather smart, is it impossible to break down and spend (splurge) on want and not need?

Crazy question, maybe ?

Thanks for all the advise. I picked up a Laguna Blue 2015 Corvette yesterday. Had a little bit of buyers remorse. What a car. Wrote them a check. The salesman couldn't believe it. It's amazing give them a piece of paper, they give you a car. Gotta love it

Thanks for all the advise. I picked up a Laguna Blue 2015 Corvette yesterday. Had a little bit of buyers remorse. What a car. Wrote them a check. The salesman couldn't believe it. It's amazing give them a piece of paper, they give you a car. Gotta love it

Congrats! You won't regret it. I had a little bit of buyers remorse 13 years ago when I bought mine, but the remorse is long gone.

Sent from my iPhone :).using Early Retirement .//82339)

Wow, congratulations!! It sounds beautiful. :) Don't worry about the buyers' remorse. I get that when I buy a new car too, but it vanishes quickly (for me anyway).

Have fun!! The weather is getting more and more beautiful and great for driving.

I had a opportunity to drive the dual motor Tesla Model D a couple of weeks ago.
0-60 in 3.1 or 3.0 seconds on the insane mode accelerations.

It sounds like your Vette is a tad faster than the Tesla D.

I will say that insane mode acceleration is incredibly fun, like somewhere between average sex and great sex. A friend of mine is former Fighter jet pilot and he said the acceleration is like nothing he's ever experienced as pilot. He also owns/owned numerous sports cars both Vettes and Porches

Of course, a Vette will kill a Tesla on a track.
Yolo so enjoy it.

A friend of mine is former Fighter jet pilot and he said the acceleration is like nothing he's ever experienced as pilot.

Your friend is correct. I have taken off in a near empty airliner on a cold day with better acceleration but where the fighter shines is in pulling G's. Not sure what the G force is in a Vette on a skid pad but pulling 6 G's continuously is something to be experienced.

We are all dying to see photos. Without them it never happened.:D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom