2015 YTD investment performance thread

As of today according to Personal Capital YTD I'm down -2.46%, S&P500 is down -4.90%

Down 3%. This quarter has been brutal, probably for most of us. Did some short term trading to beat the index so far. Otherwise, I'd be down more another point or two.

YTD down about -3.5%, including dividends/interest received.

Was actually up 2.5% in mid-May.

Majority of losses occurred between end of May - present. Particularly in the MLP/Energy sector.

I'm down 6.9%.

I decided to use part of my portfolio principle to fund buying my Dream House, the move, and related costs. So, that part is gone forever and my portfolio is down.

That is totally OK with me because I am getting tremendous satisfaction from living in my new home. :D I suppose I should feel crestfallen but I don't. I am overjoyed with this decision, and I'll be fine.

I might recover some of this loss if/when the market recovers, since I sold high and am DCA'ing at lower market values.

Last edited:
I'm down 6.9%.

I decided to use part of my portfolio principle to fund buying my Dream House, the move, and related costs. So, that part is gone forever and my portfolio is down.

That is totally OK with me because I am getting tremendous satisfaction from living in my new home. :D I suppose I should feel crestfallen but I don't. I am overjoyed with this decision, and I'll be fine.

Your portfolio return is -7%? Or your portfolio value is 7% lower than it was at the beginning of the year due to withdrawals and market losses?

As of market close yesterday, I am down 5.7% YTD after adjusting for withdrawal, while Vanguard S&P index fund VFINX is down 6.35%. Both are with dividends.

Considering that I am 70% in equity until dropping to 60% recently, I did worse than the market. Reasons: energy stocks, emerging markets, material stocks.

Last edited:
Up about 2.5% as of yesterday. Utility preferreds have been carrying the water. Total Stock Index and my lovely .31% 1 yr. CD dragging me down.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We have a winner! :)

And if market stays stagnant I will creep above 4% as I have one more round of dividend dumps.... Just being fortunate as my stash is about 80% income and I am not a trader. Very limited upside though on better market performing years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Still waiting for the bottom. Lost another .5% in September. Buy and hang on for dear life!

Down 7.23% thru 9/30, exclusive of withdrawals.

Back
Top Bottom