2015 YTD investment performance thread

Return of - 0.13% (per annum) YTD but it is really silly to evaluate anything based on a month (or even a year). No changes planned. Stay the course.

I pretty much track the US market at 3/4 rate since we keep 25% in cash and 75% in stocks. So I guess we are down about 2% YTD. Next week probably will be up 2% the way things swing now.

I look monthly, so I was going to check today anyway. Up 0.46% for the month. No worries!

I update on Saturday. Last Saturday, I was up .04% so, since I am overweight energy, I imagine it will be substantially less after next Saturday.

What?! Not even looking at this until mid-year. And even then I don't really do anything about it.

The market volatility this Jan makes it rather pointless at the moment.
+1. I rarely even look more than quarterly, and then only to rebalance if anything (usually not necessary), not looking at returns. I look at returns annually at most. YMMV

+1. I rarely even look more than quarterly, and then only to rebalance if anything (usually not necessary), not looking at returns. I look at returns annually at most. YMMV

I've been pos neg pos neg already several times YTD - so each day has a vastly different result!

My TSP is down about 1%. I don't normally check it unless there is a large drop or increase in the market. It would be down more if I had not rebalanced to 10% International and moved some of my G (stable value) to F (bonds). The ER end of the year threads on rebalancing motivated me to buy the International. Thanks, Audreyh1!

(- )1.6% for january in 100% stock (70% US, 30% Europe) portfolio.

Had to check Quicken since I don't track monthly but we're up 1.28% with a 55/45 split. All in index funds and only about 10% international.

What is really amazing YTD in 2015 are the bonds:

• 5 year US Treasury - interest rate has dropped from 1.65% to 1.19%
  • 10 year US Treasury - interest rate has dropped from 2.17% to 1.68% which is the biggest one month drop since 2011
  • 30 year US Treasury - interest rate has dropped from 2.75% to 2.25%. Somewhere said 10% gain in Jan for 30 year bonds.
Huge moves just today.
Treasurys Post Biggest Monthly Gain Since 2011 - WSJ

What is really amazing YTD in 2015 are the bonds:

• 5 year US Treasury - interest rate has dropped from 1.65% to 1.19%
  • 10 year US Treasury - interest rate has dropped from 2.17% to 1.68% which is the biggest one month drop since 2011
  • 30 year US Treasury - interest rate has dropped from 2.75% to 2.25%. Somewhere said 10% gain in Jan for 30 year bonds.
Huge moves just today.
Treasurys Post Biggest Monthly Gain Since 2011 - WSJ

The great bond performance is sure to change soon, as I recently bought a slug of EDV, or long Treasury zeros.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

What?! Not even looking at this until mid-year. And even then I don't really do anything about it.

The market volatility this Jan makes it rather pointless at the moment.
^^ this

Down an even 1% in a 69/31 portfolio (65/35 taxable, 76/24 IRA). Time to rebalance a bit, I think.

I don't get notice of my Jan dividends until tomorrow, so how can anyone know how they did in Jan 2015 without the divies?

The performance I posted is month to date out of Quicken.

Back
Top Bottom