2015 YTD investment performance thread

Up about 4.8% for the year, 0.5% for the month of July. July 1 rebalancing seems to have moved things in the right direction.;)

It's amazing so many posts with returns better than the S&P 500! :cool:

Yep. For a forum that seems to be 99% indexers, everyone is actually a closet market timer.

Yep. For a forum that seems to be 99% indexers, everyone is actually a closet market timer.

Or heavily concentrated in a few stocks/sectors that have out performed.

As a benchmark for yourself, check out Asset Builders portfolio performance thru June. These are DFA funds/portfolio results thru June 2015. I suspect the result at the end of July would be lower:
Model Portfolio Results - AssetBuilder Inc., Registered Investment Advisor

It would be interesting to see the composition of some of the higher performing ports from our members. I am holding a lot of cash, so am a terrible laggard.

I'm at +3.1% YTD. My AA is 60/40 so I use Vanguard Wellington as my benchmark. VWENX is +2.1% YTD so I'm feeling good about my performance so far.

I'm down about 2 % for the year. Guess I'm not as smart as most others here. Breaking even this year would be nice. ;)

8.43% YTD. Again, most of this is because I'm Canadian, and our dollar has been sinking in relation to the world, which makes my US & international funds (40% of portfolio) look like they're doing amazing in CAD.

I'm up 2.3% YTD as of July 31, which I think is roughly in line with most 60/40 benchmarks (S&P 500 at 3.3% and aggregate US bonds at 0.5%). I've let the overall AA drift to 66/34 and I've reduced the cash portion from 5% to 3%, both of which helped a little. My real estate allocation includes two rental houses that have outperformed almost every stock/bond ETF I own. On the negative side, international equity has done quite well, but my allocation is only 8%, and 50% of that is emerging, which is negative YTD, mainly due to China. I also hold a longer-duration investment-grade corporate bond ETF which is negative YTD. And, some tilt toward large-cap, high-dividend funds has underperformed the broader equity market.

I've got access to a stable value fund currently yielding 1.8%, which will likely replace the longer-duration bond holdings later this year. Maybe sooner. I'm also looking for a rebalance opportunity later this year, or early next, when hopefully bonds are down but stocks are still high. Other actions under consideration include working cash down further to about 2%, double the international allocation, and lessen the tilt toward US large-cap.

Still up 2.5% YTD at end of July which is better than I expected. It's been a boring slow year so far.

Preferred the term "short term trader." Majority of my gain of 2.75% was due to short term trades while waiting patiently for the market to skyrocket. Wheeeee .....

Or those with negative returns aren't posting :). Survivorship bias. I'm down about 2.5% :)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

YEARGAIN%
2008-21.7
2014 numbers skewed a bit due to a withdrawal, but close enough...

Are most of you using vanguard advisors in selecting your funds ?

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Or those with negative returns aren't posting :). Survivorship bias. I'm down about 2.5% :)
Thanks for posting. We need more people like you to speak up.

If your YTD gain is hanging by a thread, the market decline of the last couple of days might have tipped it to the red. Fun time!

Another loser here, down 0.38%. Busy harvesting gold related tax losses, swapping into new gold positions. At least my spending is below my dividends (of course, I'm eating cat food😉🐭).

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

+2.3% YTD. All stock portfolio (US=65% , Foreign=34%, Cash 1%).

Back
Top Bottom