2016 YTD investment performance thread

Individual portfolio reaching all time highs, while trackers are at -4.2% YTD.

Has mostly to do with EUR strengthening, that cost me 5% (in USD terms).

Up 2.63% YTD based on Investment Return Calculator: Measure your Portfolio's Performance
using 12 months. If I run a Quicken Investment Performance report for 01/01/2016 to 12/31/2016, I get a YTD increase of 2.87% from Quicken.

Using 4 months, I get 8.09% annualized rate from the more simple calculator, which is pretty close to the 8.67% I get from a Quicken YTD Investment Performance report.

Target is 60/34/6 but I did sell some equities earlier in the month to fund a condo purchase we expect to close in June.

Last edited:
Up 7.61% YTD, not annualized. Same calculator as pb4uski.

Portfolio 50/45/5 stocks/bonds and preferreds/cash. April was another good month to be invested in Canada.

Up 11%, not annualized. Something is wrong. I don't believe it. Some money is going to disappear Monday I'm sure. I did a lot of trading.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Wow, some of you are doing very well.

I am holding steady at 3.3%. Total asset (investment return - ER spending) has increased.

As far as my mutual funds go, last year's losers are this year's winners and vice versa.

Am still doing well with short term trading.

Two more results. Percentage in each account is for the account, not overall portfolio.

401(k) YTD Rate of Return - 1.94%
Stable Value Fund 13.80%
Small/Mid-Cap Indexed Equity 50.43%
MSCI EAFE Indexed Equity 22.02%
Emerging Mkts. Indexed Equity 13.75%
SEP-IRA YTD Rate of Return - 3.45%
Vanguard Total Bond Market Index Fund Adm 37.0%
Vanguard High-Yield Corporate Fund Inv 9.6%
Vanguard Total Stock Market Index Fund Adm 25.0%
Vanguard Total International Stock Index Fund Adm 23.5%
Vanguard Energy Fund Investor Shares 4.9%​

Last edited:
For a moment there I thought you had 37% returns on a bond fund :LOL:

My stats currently:

• Index trackers: +1%
  • Individual portfolio: roughly +10%, set a new record two days ago

Includes the down day I had on Friday.

+2.16% YTD , 87/13 (Stock/Bonds) portfolio
30% allocation of International stock funds helped. :)

Last edited:
I was up (stock holdings) at the start of the last weak about 4.2% but GILD yesterday downfall had thrown me in negative again.

+4.61 basically 70/30 mix thru 4/29.
Taxable stock acct up 9.7% as small amount in gold related has finally rebounded.

Up 2.63% YTD based on Investment Return Calculator: Measure your Portfolio's Performance
using 12 months. If I run a Quicken Investment Performance report for 01/01/2016 to 12/31/2016, I get a YTD increase of 2.87% from Quicken.

Using 4 months, I get 8.09% annualized rate from the more simple calculator, which is pretty close to the 8.67% I get from a Quicken YTD Investment Performance report.

Target is 60/34/6 but I did sell some equities earlier in the month to fund a condo purchase we expect to close in June.

According to Quicken's investment performance report I'm 2.33% YTD (12/31/2016) and 6.99% annualized.

Allocation 50/42/8 Equities/Bonds/Cash

Last edited:
Quicken says 3.32% YTD 10.36% annualized.

3.25% YTD, a tad behind Wellington which is at 3.38% YTD. At one point, I did a bit better.

Probably about the same as March end of this year (too much trouble to calculate this...)

My YTD more than doubled from the end of March (1.3%) to the end of April (2.63%) so I hope yours was not flat.

My YTD more than doubled from the end of March (1.3%) to the end of April (2.63%) so I hope yours was not flat.

LOL. It may not be. All I did was just eye balling DJIA.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Yeah I look every now and then... More to monitor my cash position to see if I have enough to buy some more. Warren Buffet didn't advocate watching you positions often "I buy a good stock at a good price and hold it forever" I'm afraid watching too much might cause you to second guess your decisions and then trade ... Besides diverse ETFs and mutual funds are not to exciting ..

But I'd guess conservatively 5% up... And it is at a new high.
But some of that is new savings, match and company pension contributions.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom