2016 YTD investment performance thread

Not a good month for me, dropped back to a 6.6% ytd. These next few days/weeks will be interesting.

The month isn't over yet. The market went down steadily since Comey's letter. Today, he clarified it and the pre-market is up over one percent. I think Novemeber would be a good stock month, after the election and all.

As of the close on Friday my robo Schwab Intelligent portfolio lost 1% in about a week, and is down to +6.5% for the year.

As of 11/1, 3.1%.

I hope so. At year end, stocks go up more often than not, but there is also a likely Fed rate hike which may already be priced in.

IMHO, I think the December hike is baked in. Stock may still go down a bit at the hike but will be a non-factor for the month of December.

Up 8.2%. FNMIX still tops the list with 16% gain followed by my short-term trades at 12%. A simple majority of my mutual funds are outperforming the market. Two more months left until the end of 2016. I will be happy if I can finish the year with 8% return.

9.35%, up over 1% since a month ago. Other than US stock funds, everything else, bonds & foreign funds, fell. The winner was the energy fund. It's up 17%.

My short term trades are up 14% so far, up 2% from the previous month.

If things hold up, I will end my 1st retirement year in positive, at my highest net worth.

No changes in holdings (58/28/14) but some individual stocks came back strong. Up 1.8 for the month, 8.4% ytd.

8.05% YTD. That's computed over all investable assets, including stinkin' cash.

Overall, up 1.19% for month. That is a simple tally, without IRR calculation.

When I look at weighted results, the number is 8.99% YTD 2016.

This next one is interesting since the returns have been out-sized until now. Regular 401(k) contributions were going in at the right time, and EM was rising for much of the year. Now the EM tress are not growing. Sill positive, but will probably add a different fund in 2017, something like RLBGX American Funds American Balanced Fund Class R-6.

401(k) account - EM-focused RNWEX
Personalized Rate of Return since 01/01/2016
4.11%

Here are the current YTD returns of some roughly 60/40 portfolios reported by morningstar.com:
2n20b3o.jpg

Key:
VSMGX Vanguard LifeStrategy Moderate Growth
VTWNX Vanguard Target Retirement 2020 (it is 57/43)
VBIAX Vanguard Balanced Index (has no foreign nor international stocks)
DGSIX DFA Global Allocation I 60/40
VWENX Vanguard Wellington (it is 65/35)
VTTVX Vanguard Target Retirement 2025 (it is 66/34)

Portfolios tilted to small-caps and/ value equities and away from foreign equities have done quite well in the past month.

5.4% YTD, all-in, money-chimp style handling of adding-back spending.

Now you are making me mad , I just checked Fidelity Managed account as of 10/312016 3.9% isn't fair !

Now you are making me mad , I just checked Fidelity Managed account as of 10/312016 3.9% isn't fair !
But that was a month ago. Maybe your account is up another 10% in November?

The retirement portfolio is up 6.6% YTD as of 11/30/16. 53/42/5 AA

Last edited:
Up 9.8% year to date, and that includes distributions for expenses. AA has been modified to less in stock, so I do not expect this going forward.

+6.51 on 99% us equities made up of mostly indexes, a cpl ETFs and 20% of the portfolio individual US and Local MN company stocks. I plan on dumping the rest of my cash on the next -1/2% dip (5% in VMMXX)

Barely any exposure to bonds or treasuries, though I have some investment property so I am a bit more diversified than just those us equities mentioned earlier. In fact, Almost 250k in equity :dance: and sitting down with a lawyer to get the first family trust setup before years end. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom