2017 Million $ Year

So now I have both in a single year

Lost seven figures through the mid-March time frame. Then made back seven figures from the low to where we are now. So in the space of a few weeks portfolio has risen and fallen by more than $1 Million each way. Still down about a million for 2020 but at least the loss is more manageable now. Never thought I would see this much movement in one year, let alone in about 2 months.

Lost seven figures through the mid-March time frame. Then made back seven figures from the low to where we are now. So in the space of a few weeks portfolio has risen and fallen by more than $1 Million each way. Still down about a million for 2020 but at least the loss is more manageable now. Never thought I would see this much movement in one year, let alone in about 2 months.

Have you considered taking some off the table now?

Don't know where you are invested, but the S&P 500 is like 15% off the all time high, and we have huge unemployment and GDP headwinds.

People say not to market time, but this just seems so disconnected between the market and the economy.

The Fed can't replace the bulk of the economy indefinitely, can it? (real question).

I am still trying to figure out what the thread title means.

Whose portfolio went up $1M in 2017. Then it was revived for 2019 in 2020. I’m not even remotely in that kind of league. My whole portfolio after taxes is less than $2M, and a large part of that is cash, MM & bonds even when not this current market. So if I’ve seen 8%, thats a good year, and 15-20% like 2017 & 19 is a great year. If a 30% drop in value is $2M, you’re talking $7M in equities alone. Big Dawg country IMHO.

So someone has a portfolio value surely exceeding $5 million and probably even more.

We lost almost 7-figures in 2007-2009, but in 2020, we have a portfolio twice the size of the 2007 portfolio and lost less so far at the 2020 low and portfolio value has gone up from there. That's because our 2020 asset allocation does not have the high percentage of equities that it did in 2007.

Of course, there is still enough time to lose a 7-figure amount this year and have a million-dollar year. Or go up a million dollars which would be preferable.

Back
Top Bottom