2019 tax software

Like clockwork :cool:, after Christmas, the price of Turbotax Deluxe + State dropped again on Amazon.

I just ordered a copy for $39.88 before added sales tax. I got the disc version to install on my PC.

Actually, it was around Black Friday too... I ordered Deluxe Federal & State from Amazon for $39.99 plus tax but got a free $10 Amazon gift card so my net cost was only $29.99.... on November 29th.

I always get a chuckle about our annual discussion on tax software. A bunch of millionaires (or at least on the way to FI) obsessing over saving $10-$50 on tax software.:facepalm:

FWIW, I am guilty as well. Waited for the $54.88 deal for TT Premier on Amazon.:D

^^^^ Read the Millionaire Next Door. Perhaps that is one of the reasons why we have that kind of money :)

I always get a chuckle about our annual discussion on tax software. A bunch of millionaires (or at least on the way to FI) obsessing over saving $10-$50 on tax software.:facepalm:

FWIW, I am guilty as well. Waited for the $54.88 deal for TT Premier on Amazon.:D

^^^^ Read the Millionaire Next Door. Perhaps that is one of the reasons why we have that kind of money :)

+1 to both. I suspect that Robbie isn't shopping for a deal on tax software. :D

+1 to both. I suspect that Robbie isn't shopping for a deal on tax software. :D
Robbie likely goes for the "Home and Business" version. Gotta blow that dough somehow!

I see a discount on Fidelity, but no gratis offers.

My brother has the discount offer on Fido, but nothing for me yet. Thus hoping that means the free offer is coming.

It's here! Fidelity is now offering free TurboTax Premier 2019 (Federal + State) to qualified clients. A tile says "Get TurboTax® Online Premier free" towards the bottom after logging in (Accounts & Trade > Portfolio, All Accounts, Summary). The link takes you to an Intuit landing page which seems to offer only the Online version, but Download is also an option. If you prefer to download, scroll all the way down to Download and click See Products.

As before, it is not clear which clients qualify for this promotion, but Active Trader Pro and Private Clients probably do.

Last edited:
It's here! Fidelity is now offering free TurboTax Premier 2019 (Federal + State) to qualified clients. A tile says "Get TurboTax® Online Premier free" towards the bottom after logging in (Accounts & Trade > Portfolio, All Accounts, Summary). The link takes you to an Intuit landing page which seems to offer only the Online version, but Download is also an option. If you prefer to download, scroll all the way down to Download and click See Products.

As before, it is not clear which clients qualify for this promotion, but Active Trader Pro and Private Clients probably do.

+1
I am a Private Client. Just saw it now. One less call to Fido. :dance:

YES! Same here, thanks Done, I found the link right where you said. So I signed in using the link, chose the free Premiere (without their stupid Live option or advice) and signed out..just to be sure that it saves that offer.

I see until the 11th a small sale on Turbotax at some stores. Target has TT Deluxe CD with state for $49.99 with a $5 gift card. I like the CD version, I tried online one year and it wasn't the same. Trying to decide to buy or wait for a better deal.

Thanks for the directions to the download! I just wasn't seeing that on the page.

Recently saw TT Premier on Amazon for $54.88 (online or disk). Looking for cheaper but will settle for that if that is the cost in February when I do my taxes.

I bought it about a week ago, for that price. I don't ever recall seeing TT Premier below $60 in past years, but maybe I missed a good sale.

I prefer the disks, from a reliable source like Amazon, primarily because I have more assurance that I am getting a legit TT product, and not something that was pirated. I see some sites out there, that I never heard of, offering very cheap downloads. Not worth the risk.

I bought it about a week ago, for that price. I don't ever recall seeing TT Premier below $60 in past years, but maybe I missed a good sale.

I prefer the disks, from a reliable source like Amazon, primarily because I have more assurance that I am getting a legit TT product, and not something that was pirated. I see some sites out there, that I never heard of, offering very cheap downloads. Not worth the risk.
I just bought the CD version of TurboTax Premier at Costco for $54.99, for those of you who prefer a "hard copy." I have bought it there for that price for the last several years. FWIW

Remember though, those of us happy to get the free TT.

Intuit lobbied to keep the tax returns difficult or blocked efforts to simplify, as well as possibly offering like free web filing for all taxpayers.

They're a local company but those execs live high on the hog in Woodside in big compounds.

Free File opens on the 10th. I am going to see if I can go free this time.

I purchased H&R Block through Amazon, it has a % bump if you use your refund for an Amazon card. Darn, my refund looks like it will be chump change as my estimate using last year's Block software was right on the money.

Completed 2019 on FreeTaxUSA a few days ago (have to wait to file until next week).
From the Federal Information completed my State Taxes on the State Site today (could file that today but will wait until the Federal is filed).

In both cases it was FREE as in $00.00.

BTW FTUSA only charges $12.95 for State Returns (DOWN $2 from last year). For those that do not have a free State sponsors site.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom