2020 Fed Tax Refund Received!

But when you redeem your cash back points, you miss out on 5% cash back too. Where does it all end? :facepalm::confused::LOL:

I thought about that, but I get 5% cash back when I use my Chase Amazon card, so that would have actually cost me money.

But when you redeem your cash back points, you miss out on 5% cash back too. Where does it all end? :facepalm::confused::LOL:
That's why I NEVER "spend" my points on Amazon purchases, I use them as a statement credit! And my health plan offered gift cards for incentives, and the last year I tried to get anything BUT Amazon, when before I had the Amazon rewards credit card I would always get Amazon gift cards.

Hmm, I will look into doing that. I just always automatically used gift cards and points at point of sale.

That's why I NEVER "spend" my points on Amazon purchases, I use them as a statement credit! And my health plan offered gift cards for incentives, and the last year I tried to get anything BUT Amazon, when before I had the Amazon rewards credit card I would always get Amazon gift cards.

I'm certainly not going to file an amended return, just glad to get the refund. Hopefully stimulus payments will soon follow.
And indeed our stimulus payments are now showing to be deposited a week after we got the refund.

We filed on 4/8 and expecting a big refund (no, I was not stupid, I just didn't know I would not have to pay back ACA credits when I made a end of the year estimated tax payment). So far, crickets, refund still being processed even though it was quite simple with a standard deduction. Has me worried a bit but seems like this delay is normal?

We filed on 4/8 and expecting a big refund (no, I was not stupid, I just didn't know I would not have to pay back ACA credits when I made a end of the year estimated tax payment). So far, crickets, refund still being processed even though it was quite simple with a standard deduction. Has me worried a bit but seems like this delay is normal?

I filed by paper in February. I know the IRS got it because I got the return certified mail postcard. But crickets since then. Nothing shows up on "Where's my refund?"

Finally received ours, 8 weeks after IRS received it. They "audited" our return, due to a late dividend 1099 ( which I got but was only about $1.50 different than the first one, so didn't do an amended return).
They were happy to report that they were able to increase our refund by $1.67!!

I'm in the same situation as you, although my tax return is a bit more complicated than yours. Either way, I hope I'll get my refund sooner than last year. (They had to pay me interest last year as my refund was so late...)

Made me look, arriving to my account May 12.

Filed 2/13 IRS rec'd 4/15.

"Keep the faith baby".

Congrats to those who finally got their refunds! I filed electronically (H&R Block) on February 23rd... as of today the IRS website says my return is still being processed...

Submitted our Taxes on March 13th and while CA already send a refund, the IRS is still holding it. Most likely the IRS is going to review it because of so long delay. Last Nov we were hit with CP2000 form for 2018 Tax Return: there were problem with Amended E-Trade 1099, they always amend this form for 2, sometimes even 3 times after initial 1099 Consolidated was issued. We mailed them higher $$ amount what the Turbo Tax was showing, just in case. They replied that they will respond within 90 days. It is almost 180 days and still no response.

I got a check today for the amount on line 29 of form 8962 (excess advance PTC). Oh, and $0.93 interest too!

I filed with Block before the update for the change in PTC and had calculated a $372 refund, which I got on March 12. So was surprised to see the $810.93 check.

I just updated Block software and it's showing a refund of $1,182, without me doing anything except for opening the return. That's 372+810. I guess I'm done. No amended return required.

Filed by paper late February for refund by direct deposit. IRS Refund Status page showed nothing until late April when it finally said "Still Processing". So, at least I knew they got my paper return. But as of today May 10, their page still says "Still Processing", so no refund in prospect for some unknown time.

Used TT but still sent mine in hardcopy/paper. I did request direct depoist for my refund. I started checking the "where's my refund" website daily after about 6 weeks. On the eight week it finally said "return being processed". 10 days later it said "refund approved" and scheduled to be sent on X date. Glad I didn't need the money.

I got a check today for the amount on line 29 of form 8962 (excess advance PTC). Oh, and $0.93 interest too!

I filed with Block before the update for the change in PTC and had calculated a $372 refund, which I got on March 12. So was surprised to see the $810.93 check.

I just updated Block software and it's showing a refund of $1,182, without me doing anything except for opening the return. That's 372+810. I guess I'm done. No amended return required.

Remember to report the $0.93 on Schedule B next year! ;-)

Finally the IRS has my refund scheduled to be posted but with deduction of $1,603 out of $3,510 refund we filed. They claim that the Turbo Tax somehow deducted more than we qualify for with multiple references. They even did not check our 1st amendment, because of the 1st E-Trade amendment on Form 1099 Consolidated, where another $501 refund was claimed 5 days after submitting the original refund.

Filed my kid's federal return via H&R Block this morning & got the notification that it was accepted 5 minutes later...of course, he only had a W-2 & a couple of 1099s.

Filed my kid's federal return via H&R Block this morning & got the notification that it was accepted 5 minutes later...of course, he only had a W-2 & a couple of 1099s.

Acceptance and refund are two different timelines.

My return was accepted within a few hours of e-filing back in mid-March, but I'm still waiting on my refund and have no ETA as of a day or two ago.

I always made my kids file their own tax returns, with my help of course. Part of their education in becoming an adult.

Received our refunds today, which is 2 weeks exactly from filing electronically.
Pays to procrastinate... sometimes.

We filed 5/15, and the $ came in 5/26.

I'm amazed how little taxes I've paid in retirement--at least until RMD's are required in another year.

And it's nice not to pay state taxes on defined pensions or social security income.

I filed electronically on Feb 18th and am still waiting. website says "processing". I tried calling using some instructions I found online (in managing the IRS calling menu) and finally got to where I was to speak to a live person. then got a recording stating due to high call volumes I should call back on a different day. then was disconnected. Last year was my first year of full retirement and a lot of financial firsts. I don't want the refund near as much as I want confirmation that everything I did in 2020 was correct.

My return was accepted within a few hours of e-filing back in mid-March, but I'm still waiting on my refund and have no ETA as of a day or two ago.

I'm still waiting, but am mildly hopeful now that they'll wait a bit, since I *think* they'll start paying interest as of 6/1 (4/15 plus 45 days, although it's unclear since the filing deadline moved), and I *think* the IRS interest rate is something like 3%.

I'm still waiting, but am mildly hopeful now that they'll wait a bit, since I *think* they'll start paying interest as of 6/1 (4/15 plus 45 days, although it's unclear since the filing deadline moved), and I *think* the IRS interest rate is something like 3%.
I was waiting my 2020 Refund for 2 months. If delay is over 3 weeks, they check your Return. In my case, after check out, they cut 40% of the Return with no any proof and just replied that my Taxable income was higher than reported. Yet it is not all IRS harassment of our Tax Returns. In 2018, similar to 2016, they requested full amount on ISO exercise on full income amount, while 93.5% of this income was included in W2 (it was the way my wife company reported it). I explained the difference in full income and W2 inclusion with additional 1099 but they disregarded the proof and send another CP-2000. I hired H&R professional Tax preparer but the Fax to the IRS did nothing and last week there was another CP-2000 with the same demand. I mailed them same proof about 93.5% of that income was included in the W2 and send another Amended 1040 with documents as H&R Faxed to them. We do all our Taxes on Turbo Tax and input all documents on income into it what was reported to us. Also, they must reply on the correspondence no later than in 90 days but I waited for 6 month. That is how they work nowadays. In case the Tax preparer and I missed something, the penalty and interest would grow a lot.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom