2020 Fed Tax Refund Received!

RunningBum

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I filed my taxes on Feb 13 and they were accepted later that day. Today my refund hit my bank account. Do I win? Aside from bragging, I thought it might be helpful for others to know how quickly you might get it. All bets are off it you are being mailed a check.

Pretty happy because it was a sizeable refund as I didn't plan to get an ACA subsidy but was able to make it happen in the downturn last year. Sold a couple of funds at a loss, and one of them had higher distributions than the S&P 500 fund I replaced it with.

My refund just showed up this morning in my checking account, e-filed on 22 Feb.

Efiled 2020 tax return 2/19 (1st day I could download / TT imported from Schwab), accepted within an hour, in my account 2/25. State didn't show up until this morning.

Last edited:
2021 Fed Tax Refund Received!

Pretty sure that your 2021 Fed Tax Refund wasn't received today. Maybe your 2020 Fed Tax Refund.

Just e-filed today so we should have our refunds in a week or so. We made out better than usual in 2020 because investment income was down and I took a capital loss in December on a poorly performing stock. Also, they added that $300 charitable donation deduction and we took advantage of that.

Oops, 2020 of course! Can a mod fix this please? I was going to use the Report Post button but it says to only use that for reporting spam, advertising, harassment, etc.

Oops, 2020 of course! Can a mod fix this please? I was going to use the Report Post button but it says to only use that for reporting spam, advertising, harassment, etc.

Changed it.

I like to schedule 1040 payment due via eftps.gov so payment occurs on April 15, even when I file the taxes much earlier. Quite straightforward to do and no need to include bank information on the tax return.

filed w/TT before the 2/12 date stated as earliest. it was filed as soon as it could be. rec'd refund 10days later

Last year I e-filed on 3/7 and received our refund on 3/16. This year I e-filed on the same date. It will be interesting to compare the turnaround time.

They can take my money on April 15. It will be painful...very painful!!

As I have always done, I filed by certified mail on 2/19. I received my refund check from the State of Connecticut on 3/1. Still waiting on the federal; they received my return in Ogden on 2/22.

Congratulations to those who have received their refunds!

I'm beginning to suspect mine may have run afoul of the COVID due to big decreases in income due to skipping of RMDs and the resulting effect on the amount of stimulus to which I was entitled. I filed on 2/12. The 21 day came and went on the 5th so I did the Where's my refund thing which essentially, with no progress bars showing, said they they will report a date for my refund when they have it. I looked at the transcripts, which are a bit disturbing, and my return was put in their system. My Care Act subsidies were in the system and account transcript. But my quarterly payments were missing from the account transcript and the wage report said "No record of return filed" and showed no other content. I have received no snail mail from the IRS other than the 2nd stimulus check letter. I use EFTPS and the quarterly withdrawals are showing in my bank statements. So I am left to wonder just what EFTPS and the IRS did with them.

We owe both the Fed and state this year about 10k total but helped DD and her boyfriend each get a 3k and 4 k refund. They are �� happy . No checks yet.

e filed yesterday. First year we expect a refund both State and Fed in many, many years.

We e-filed both Federal and MN State taxes on 2/27, with direct deposit of refunds. State refund arrived 3/4 and Federal arrived today 3/9.

We're very happy because we are still waiting for our 2019 Federal refund. A stupid $18 error required an amended return (paper filing only) and it could take another 2-3 months to reconcile everything. We were concerned that those issues would delay our 2020 refund.

E-filed with HR Block software 2/15 and it was accepted the same day. Expecting a refund but nothing yet. When I check my refund status on IRS site it says my return is still being processed and a refund date will be provided when available.

E-filed with HR Block software 2/15 and it was accepted the same day. Expecting a refund but nothing yet. When I check my refund status on IRS site it says my return is still being processed and a refund date will be provided when available.

This is similar to my situation. My HR Block return was accepted on 2/23, with an email stating my refund would be deposited in 3-5 days. So far, nothing.

Now... the state is a different issue. In that instance I quite owed quite a bit of money, and they withdrew the full amount from my bank account on the scheduled date.

Filed Feb 24, accepted the same day. Refund hit bank on 3/5.

Back
Top Bottom