Join Early Retirement Today

Old 02-04-2021, 03:30 PM   #61
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I like this app because it tracks stocks, equity, funds, ETFs, currencies in the stock market, and unlisted equity
gayl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-05-2021, 08:45 AM   #62
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

https://peeksoft.co/Privacy

When you download software make sure it is through a safe source.
target2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 08:47 AM   #63
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by target2019 View Post
https://peeksoft.co/Privacy

When you download software make sure it is through a safe source.
Would you mind giving us an idea of what’s at the other end of the link?
MichaelB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 08:53 AM   #64

That goes to the privacy policy of Peeksoft, which details how they can use your data. Sounds terrible to me, and I would never use their software.

This seems to be one of the advantages of Apple's new policy of requiring apps to disclose their privacy policies.
Old 02-05-2021, 09:28 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronstar View Post

If so, does anyone care to share how they do this? I'd like to see my numbers daily without having to fetch them.
I have automated my pull, and it's a "trust no one" solution, because I'm not sharing passwords.

The problem with my solution is that it requires programming. Scripting, actually, so it does what you would do (type the URL of financial institution, log-on, save the page, log off, repeat). The script doesn't have the passwords. I manually unlock the password manager browser plug-in before starting the script.

Once all the pages are local, I parse out the data and it creates a spreadsheet. Each position has detailed asset allocation defined (manually added one time) so it shows AA across all positions, all institutions.

I realize this ain't for everybody, probably deemed to be crazy by some here, as I have way more asset allocation categories than "needed". No way I'd have that much granularity if I had to do it by hand.
sengsational is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 09:39 AM   #66
Recycles dryer sheets

Up 12.11% in 2021.

76% stock
2% ETF's
22% cash
RetiredAtThirty-eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 10:09 AM   #67

Braumeister, All the way through it says you may link to another account (FB, twitter, Google, microsoft) but I opt out. Which is why I have to manually add dividends / buys / sells and stick to the free option
Old 02-06-2021, 06:41 AM   #68
Recycles dryer sheets

-08% YTD as of 01/31/2021 85/15 AA
Old 02-06-2021, 07:05 AM   #69
Recycles dryer sheets

4.1% as of today. If someone offered me 4% guaranteed on January 1 I would have been tempted to take it. A few more points in the next month and I will seriously consider taking most of the money off the table.
Sniggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 07:24 AM   #70

4.15% in 87/13 portfolio, moving to 85/15 by not reinvesting dividends
Old 02-06-2021, 08:10 AM   #71

4.3% as of this morning. 80% equity mutual funds, 20% cash
skipro33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 08:19 AM   #72
Recycles dryer sheets

3.8% YTD, have been working on shifting some out of cash & bonds towards target approximately 65% equities, 35% cash.
RVplusDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 11:45 AM   #73
Recycles dryer sheets

Being apparently so woefully behind the majority here, I have to ask a loaded question... Been in a 40/60 moderate-conservative AA with a YTD of abt 1.3% and 2020 performance of only +7% give or take. Does this sound radically out of line with others with a similar AA? 62 y/o, and AUM of abt. 2.2m at this point, no debt, own home, low COLA. Have a longtime hourly FA who i meet with off and on a few times a year. He is decidedly a "value approach" guy - and much of his advice seems oriented to keeping the PF in line with my risk tolerance.

I'd be glad to get some second opinions here on actual positions if there's a relatively simple way of posting that data - and in whatever appropriate category that might to be placed. Dividend income averages 50-55k, and often he suggests that simply looking at those total return figures in comparison to 'benchmarks' isn't necessarily fully reflective of my actual ROI and appreciation of value.

Sometimes I just feel like chucking it all into something like VWELX or that even an annuity would outperform how 'we've' done in recent years...but he has kept me sane.. There's a certain degree of capital preservation/preservation sentiment that's crept into the whole equation being on the verge of semi-retirement with no pension (sole proprietor/self employed) and Spending going forward probably in the 40-50k/year ballpark incl. prop. taxes...and I'm due for maybe 18k/year in S.S. if I choose to take it at, say, 66. All this said I do show 100% success under all moderate AA Firecalc simulations I've run for a 30 year horizon. Long-winded contribution but seeing threads like this always kicks me into reflective mode about how much better things might be and whether it's time for a change in investment 'philosophy.
mikes425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 01:06 PM   #74

^ Don't go all FOMO by what's posted here! Compare your investments with benchmarks that closely match your actual portfolio.
sengsational is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 01:08 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikes425 View Post
Being apparently so woefully behind the majority here, I have to ask a loaded question... Been in a 40/60 moderate-conservative AA with a YTD of abt 1.3% and 2020 performance of only +7% give or take. Does this sound radically out of line with others with a similar AA? 62 y/o, and AUM of abt. 2.2m at this point, no debt, own home, low COLA. Have a longtime hourly FA who i meet with off and on a few times a year. He is decidedly a "value approach" guy - and much of his advice seems oriented to keeping the PF in line with my risk tolerance.

I'd be glad to get some second opinions here on actual positions if there's a relatively simple way of posting that data - and in whatever appropriate category that might to be placed. Dividend income averages 50-55k, and often he suggests that simply looking at those total return figures in comparison to 'benchmarks' isn't necessarily fully reflective of my actual ROI and appreciation of value.

Sometimes I just feel like chucking it all into something like VWELX or that even an annuity would outperform how 'we've' done in recent years...but he has kept me sane.. There's a certain degree of capital preservation/preservation sentiment that's crept into the whole equation being on the verge of semi-retirement with no pension (sole proprietor/self employed) and Spending going forward probably in the 40-50k/year ballpark incl. prop. taxes...and I'm due for maybe 18k/year in S.S. if I choose to take it at, say, 66. All this said I do show 100% success under all moderate AA Firecalc simulations I've run for a 30 year horizon. Long-winded contribution but seeing threads like this always kicks me into reflective mode about how much better things might be and whether it's time for a change in investment 'philosophy.
A 40% VTSAX(Vanguard total US stock) and 60% VBTLX(Vanguard total bond)
did 13.3% last year. If you got 7% out of your 40/60, there are either major expenses or you are concentrated in something that didn't do well last year. How you measured may also be the difference.

VW
Old 02-07-2021, 01:16 PM   #76

Quote:
Being apparently so woefully behind the majority here, .... 62 y/o, and AUM of abt. 2.2m at this point, no debt, own home, low COLA. Have a longtime hourly FA .... much of his advice seems oriented to keeping the PF in line with my risk tolerance.... 100% success under all moderate AA Firecalc simulations I've run for a 30 year horizon...
Obviously my AA and yours is drastically different but then I normally don't mind the drops as I buy the ups and downs. BUT if your FA is tuned into your risk tolerance and your Monte Carlo is good, I'm not sure I'd change

If inclined to play with it, try a split between total stock market ETF / bond. In my legacy brokerage (GKs inheritance) I do SCHB / PWZ (California tax free to keep taxes low, find one for your state). Try running it on a relatively small amount compared to your NW (100K) for 3 - 6 months and then reevaluate
Old 02-07-2021, 05:14 PM   #77
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by gayl View Post
Obviously my AA and yours is drastically different but then I normally don't mind the drops as I buy the ups and downs. BUT if your FA is tuned into your risk tolerance and your Monte Carlo is good, I'm not sure I'd change

If inclined to play with it, try a split between total stock market ETF / bond. In my legacy brokerage (GKs inheritance) I do SCHB / PWZ (California tax free to keep taxes low, find one for your state). Try running it on a relatively small amount compared to your NW (100K) for 3 - 6 months and then reevaluate
He's tuned into my risk tolerance but I can go closer to 50/50 AA no problem. Might decouple with FA if he doesn't want to. But want to ask first why I lagged the Mod-Conserv. PF benchmark average by 5-6% for 2020 with a 40/60 AA.
Old 02-07-2021, 06:06 PM   #78

Quote:

I am in 100% equities having avg ~27% past 7 years which is when I started really managing myself with confidence.

Wish I could have put more into the market in that time but we are blessed with 3 kids in a nice school district with property taxes that reflect that level of quality we are accustom. When I retire at 50 I hope to have 2-2.5MM AUM, ~750k of Real estate equity with some rental income, enough in broker to push us to 55 where we will almost 100% certainty tap Roth IRA a bit when the time is right. Decent SS of 30k at 62 early, or $70k if we both wait until we are 70. I have a small pension coming at 65 which will help with some fun money.

EVEN IF a FA told me to drop back from 100% equities I would not. I will have AAPL stock Dividends that I likely unload first, along with some other stuff like company ESOP shares etc. That with the rental income should relieve some pressure to withdraw much more.

Hopefully this plan stays intact, time will tell but I hope to be where you are just with a different AA so I would say you are solid man.
Old 02-07-2021, 06:38 PM   #79
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgtest View Post
I am in 100% equities having avg ~27% past 7 years which is when I started really managing myself with confidence.

Wish I could have put more into the market in that time but we are blessed with 3 kids in a nice school district with property taxes that reflect that level of quality we are accustom. When I retire at 50 I hope to have 2-2.5MM AUM, ~750k of Real estate equity with some rental income, enough in broker to push us to 55 where we will almost 100% certainty tap Roth IRA a bit when the time is right. Decent SS of 30k at 62 early, or $70k if we both wait until we are 70. I have a small pension coming at 65 which will help with some fun money.

EVEN IF a FA told me to drop back from 100% equities I would not. I will have AAPL stock Dividends that I likely unload first, along with some other stuff like company ESOP shares etc. That with the rental income should relieve some pressure to withdraw much more.

Hopefully this plan stays intact, time will tell but I hope to be where you are just with a different AA so I would say you are solid man.
Thanks Buddy! Wish I had your financial awareness and perceptiveness at the stage that you are now, so likewise, I think You are more than solid as well and wish you all the best. It's great that you have the pension and joint SS too. I appreciate the factoring in of the real estate. My mom passed away in December. I'm pondering a 'deal' to possibly move 'back' into the much larger-than-mine family house where I grew up because it's in a beautiful relatively upscale community with the only big drawback being 10k/year taxes (vs practically nothing where I am now: ) With inheritance from a Trust fund that would pay it off at about half its fair-market value...it's tempting. Would increase my COLA a bit yeah, but what are we saving our $$ for in the end. It's in an idyllic village that I love. You're doing great dude
Old 02-07-2021, 06:39 PM   #80

Quote:
He's tuned into my risk tolerance but I can go closer to 50/50 AA no problem. Might decouple with FA if he doesn't want to. But want to ask first why I lagged the Mod-Conserv. PF benchmark average by 5-6% for 2020 with a 40/60 AA.
check your expense ratio, then if decoupling with FA, try Schwab or Fido and play 50% broad stock market index /50% income (not sure .... I'm 13% bond ETF) with their MF or ETFs. Expense ratios:
SCHB = 0.03%
SPY = 0.095%
FSKAX = 0.02%
Now these aren't identical but it'll give you a starting point to see if you're paying too much (yes I hold them)