2022 Tax Program Deals

Full time employment: Posting here.
2022 TurboTax and H&R Block tax programs are out.

Only deal I've seen is a coupon for $15 off from an H&R Block email.

I usually get a much better deal. I have set up camelcamelcamel to notify me when H&R Block drops below $25 at Amazon.

Please post any deals you see on any tax software.

Last edited:
I get $20 off at Fido and T Rowe, but the 2022 is not out yet. Deluxe is $55.99 at amazon. $44.99 at Walmart $39.99 at Softwaredeals
Just bought it from Softwaredeals. I had a problem saving my data, but found out Windows Defender blocked it, so I had to go and give it permission to save it. Problem solved.

Last edited:
Not much sense in getting it too soon (free or not) since lot's of the tables aren't ready yet.

HRB regularly gets to $20-25 for Fed+State in early December on Amazon

I must not have enough dough at Fidelity to qualify. Have never seen any "bucks off" offers.

I think the bucks off at Fidelity is offered to everyone. The free ones are account level specific.

I get $20 off at Fido and T Rowe, but the 2022 is not out yet.

Go into the "Tax Forms" section of your FIDO account and the discount links are there.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-11-14 at 6.20.32 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-11-14 at 6.20.32 AM.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 93
I think the bucks off at Fidelity is offered to everyone. The free ones are account level specific.
2 quick questions if you can please

1) Does the free include state ?

and
2) Any idea what the $ level(s) is/are for free ? We get free advisor assigned but I haven't seen free offer yet.

Thanks !!!

and
2) Any idea what the $ level(s) is/are for free ? We get free advisor assigned but I haven't seen free offer yet.

It does include state, but nobody really knows what the criteria are for the free software from FIDO. You can find many threads from past years discussing this, but no solid answer. For a given account value (usually considered Private Client level), some get it and others don't. Best thing to do is to ask your advisor there, but as mentioned above it most likely won't become available for some time yet. I remember once it was even delayed until January.

It does include state, but nobody really knows what the criteria are for the free software from FIDO. You can find many threads from past years discussing this, but no solid answer. For a given account value (usually considered Private Client level), some get it and others don't. Best thing to do is to ask your advisor there, but as mentioned above it most likely won't become available for some time yet. I remember once it was even delayed until January.

I’m thinking of moving from my current broker back to Fidelity. This got me thinking that I should ask for the tax program as a perk for moving. I’m sure I won’t have enough of a total balance to get their attention, but maybe at transfer time they’ll do it. Worth a try.

Not much sense in getting it too soon (free or not) since lot's of the tables aren't ready yet.

I checked my Fidelity account and saw that I could get "up to" $20 off. I think I got a better deal through Costco. Have downloaded it an yes, some very important parts are missing. I can't update Medical deductions, Pension income or IRA withdrawals. This is an unusual year (to say the least) and it appears I can skip my last quarterly payment, do a Roth conversion and still get a refund. That's based on entering 2022 data into the 2021 version, so it needs refining.

Fidelity's offer isn't a great deal. Using the link from Fidelity, H&R offers me Deluxe for $35.74 + 44.99 per state. If I go to the H&R site directly, it offers Deluxe+State for 44.95.

I usually wait until Black Friday or later, when it's on sale at Newegg or Amazon.

I checked my Fidelity account and saw that I could get "up to" $20 off. I think I got a better deal through Costco. Have downloaded it an yes, some very important parts are missing. I can't update Medical deductions, Pension income or IRA withdrawals. This is an unusual year (to say the least) and it appears I can skip my last quarterly payment, do a Roth conversion and still get a refund. That's based on entering 2022 data into the 2021 version, so it needs refining.
That's pretty typical, IIRC... By mid to late December "most" parts should be available/functional, although updates will keep coming well into next year... The nice thing is every time you start up TT it automatically downloads any updates and things start working.

2 quick questions if you can please

and

Thanks !!!

It includes state. There has been a lot of discussion over what qualifies. My best guess is you need a taxable account, over a million and a certain level of activity and also possibly having funds in a Fidelity fund. That is only a guess.

I've been using FreeTaxUSA for many years. It's FREE for federal and it's already up and running for 2022, subject to updates of course.

Like many folks here, I pre-plan my planning. ;)

www.freetaxusa.com

I have already purchased HRB with a discount. The likely $10 I overspent was worth it as I am planning our annual RMDs and want to make our tax deposits as close as possible.

FWIW, last year the people who get free TurboTax from Fidelity reported it becoming available on December 15th. So it's still much too early to be looking for it.

In the meantime, there are other free planning tools online that will do the job well enough for most of us. I've always liked this one:
https://www.dinkytown.net/java/1040-tax-calculator.html

Last edited:
FWIW, last year the people who get free TurboTax from Fidelity reported it becoming available on December 15th. So it's still much too early to be looking for it.

In the meantime, there are other free planning tools online that will do the job well enough for most of us. I've always liked this one:
https://www.dinkytown.net/java/1040-tax-calculator.html
Thanks. Looks like that will work for me until I get HRB

It includes state. There has been a lot of discussion over what qualifies. My best guess is you need a taxable account, over a million and a certain level of activity and also possibly having funds in a Fidelity fund. That is only a guess.

Ah the great Fidelity yearly question.
If one has Private Client status, it is likely one could demand this perk and get it.

Back
Top Bottom