2023 Investment Performance Thread

Up 9.7% YTD on a nominal 75% / 25% asset allocation.

Last edited:
+0.71% on 1/99 AA. My 1% of stock are options so they had a good month... up 36% for the month.

Mostly RSP + a chunk of TSLA - up around 12% so far YTD, although split between two Schwab accounts so hard to get exact number. Working on a spreadsheet to track this in greater detail all in one place...

Looks like a lot of positive percentages for one month that is great, hope it continues. I'm on the low end for one month but very happy to see some positive ground.

Just curious on how you use the site "Finviz" to research potential stocks to purchase.

Oh god that would take a long time, and is usually done for different things,

Lately I have been buying bellwether stocks near their 52 week low, with good profit/cashflow and low debt on the books, and a history of doing reasonably good decisions in the past during unexpected/bad market events.

The particular sector involved has been regional banks.

I like to ascribe to the best of my ability what Warren Buffett/ Charlie Munger talk about, where they like to buy good companies, and let the leadership involved do their job, and get out of the way.

Too many cooks in the kitchen, don't need three people and five spoons stirring the pot :D

So I wanted to show the basic overview of what I am talking about, and which one I would be more likely to invest in once I do more due diligence and research, for my personal investing risk and tolerance, and long term horizon, that would be PKBK Parke Bancorp, Inc.

Attachments

• screen1.PNG
    screen1.PNG
    63.1 KB · Views: 31
  • screen2.PNG
    screen2.PNG
    77 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Interesting as a lot of numbers for Jan are higher than having a 100% S&P 500 Equity allocation for the month.

It looks like I'm up around 7% YTD on a roughly 70/30 mix, however, that includes a deduct for Jan's spend. Since retiring last year, my brain is rewiring how I view my returns. I look at my starting balance at the beginning of the year, set a conservative growth projection for the portfolio (5%), and if I see the portfolio beat that at any time during the year, I feel like a winner! Frankly, as long as I see my portfolio balance grow and cover my planned spend I feel like a winner!:dance:

Oh god that would take a long time, and is usually done for different things,

Lately I have been buying bellwether stocks near their 52 week low, with good profit/cashflow and low debt on the books, and a history of doing reasonably good decisions in the past during unexpected/bad market events.

The particular sector involved has been regional banks.

I like to ascribe to the best of my ability what Warren Buffett/ Charlie Munger talk about, where they like to buy good companies, and let the leadership involved do their job, and get out of the way.

Too many cooks in the kitchen, don't need three people and five spoons stirring the pot :D

So I wanted to show the basic overview of what I am talking about, and which one I would be more likely to invest in once I do more due diligence and research, for my personal investing risk and tolerance, and long term horizon, that would be PKBK Parke Bancorp, Inc.

Specifically, what financial information do you look at to make a decision to invest in the company?

..7.4%

sure nicer to look at my year to date amounts this month as compared to last year:dance:

YTD as of 1/31: 5.6%, stock AA of 58%.

Would have been higher, if I did not have to sell several $100K worth of stocks due to call option assignment.

I now have a lot of cash to sell covered puts to buy back these stocks, if and when they get back down to where I sold or even lower. Will see.

Last edited:
As of 2/3 I was up about 8.5% with 29% stock and a little of the forbidden asset class. Still down about 12% from the 2022.

On our Schwab portfolio with an AA of 65/25 equity/fixed income we are..

YTD +4.89% ending January
YTD +3.34% ending February

Up last month and pretty sure down this month. Waiting on bonds, cash, treasuries returns before posting.

Some good-looking results after the first two months!! I know I will be down for the year when I have all my numbers in the morning. Was up ~6% after one month for YTD.

Lol, well talked to soon. Just a rough look at the number yesterday I didn't see any positive ground for the year.

I did stay in positive territory @ +2.85 YTD after doing the math this morning. It was a surprise to me.

As of this morning, my YTD is at +2.3%
AA is 65/35, equity funds/bond funds.

Last edited:
January +6.7% excl contrib, +7.6% incl contrib
February -2.4% excl contrib, -1.9% incl contrib
YTD +4.1% excl contrib, +5.5% incl contrib
Actual AA 77/19/4, target AA 74/20/6

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom