Join Early Retirement Today

2023 Year End Deals on H&R Block Tax Software
Old 12-26-2023, 09:17 PM   #1
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

2023 Year End Deals on H&R Block Tax Software

Since TurboTax fans have a thread going, I thought it might be useful to have one for the Block software. Right now, I haven't seen much except for a Newegg combo deal of H&R Block Deluxe + State combined with Norton 360 Standard for 1 device (15 months) for a total cost of $24.98 + tax. I have no need for Norton but I assume I don't actually have to install it to get the deal on the tax software. Here's the link: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Combo...=Combo.4589223
Ian S is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-26-2023, 09:28 PM   #2
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Good idea. Thanks for the link. I have no use for the Norton program either.
Old 12-27-2023, 07:54 AM   #3
Dryer sheet wannabe

Be careful when searching online...there are low prices that come up but are for older versions i.e. 2022, etc.
Old 12-27-2023, 11:28 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigbro63 View Post
Be careful when searching online...there are low prices that come up but are for older versions i.e. 2022, etc.
The Newegg deal specifies 2023 version.
Old 12-27-2023, 04:20 PM   #5
Give me a forum ...

Location: Spending the Kids Inheritance and living in Chicago
Here is deluxe for $19.19 - use code shown

https://www.newegg.com/h-r-block-202...82E16832732180

Or more choices:

https://www.newegg.com/H-R-Block-Off...at/ID-8916-432
Old 12-27-2023, 08:42 PM   #6
Recycles dryer sheets

Thanks for the links. Just picked up the Deluxe + State for the $19. Been using it for 10ish years now and almost always find Newegg the cheapest when the right sale + promo code comes around.
SALTedOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2023, 09:53 AM   #7

Thanks Ian for starting the thread and
thanks Sunset for the nice money saving link.
Old 12-28-2023, 10:20 AM   #8

I was just on newegg and saw the deals, along with this thread. I bought the H&R Block this year, switching form Turbotax. I bought the Premium + Business version for $39.99, since I do trust tax returns. Much better price than TT equivalent; and since Fidelity seems to have me on the no more free TT list. So going to make the switch to H&R Block software this year. Hopefully it's an easy enough learning process since I have used TT for many years.

You can't spend yourself to prosperity.

Semi-Retired 7/1/16: working part-time (60%) for now [4/24/17 changed to 80%]
Retired Aug 2, 2017; age 53
38Chevy454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2023, 09:50 AM   #9

If you are switching from TT to H&Rblock for the cheaper price, why would you not consider something like freetaxusa?
rayvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2023, 10:17 AM   #10
Give me a forum ...

Location: Spending the Kids Inheritance and living in Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayvt View Post
If you are switching from TT to H&Rblock for the cheaper price, why would you not consider something like freetaxusa?
I download H&R Block software as I want to be able to access the software anytime, anywhere, and not do it online.

Is freetaxusa only online ?
Old 12-29-2023, 10:32 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayvt View Post
Well, the $19 H&R Block Deluxe with State is only $4 more than Freetaxusa with the state add-on. Also looks like Freetaxusa is online which is fine but I'm old school and like an installed program.
Old 12-29-2023, 10:37 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 38Chevy454 View Post
I was just on newegg and saw the deals, along with this thread. I bought the H&R Block this year, switching form Turbotax. I bought the Premium + Business version for $39.99, since I do trust tax returns. Much better price than TT equivalent; and since Fidelity seems to have me on the no more free TT list. So going to make the switch to H&R Block software this year. Hopefully it's an easy enough learning process since I have used TT for many years.
For several years over a decade ago, I used H&R Block premium plus business to do personal as well as our small S-Corp return. At that time, the Business was pretty much a separate piece of software with a very different feel to it than the the personal. Not sure if that's changed. Wasn't a big deal to me.
Old 01-05-2024, 08:49 AM   #13

Just came across the best deal I've ever seen on H&R Block Deluxe+State. It's a combo that includes a $20 gift card for various merchants (your choice) and the total price is $27.99, making the H&R Block software effectively $7.99.

https://www.newegg.com/ HRBlock Deal

Hard to imagine getting a better deal than this if you are a "gift card person" and know you'll actually use it. I chose the Uber gift card since DW and I order from Uber Eats at least once a month.

EDIT: Just minutes after posting this, NewEgg changed the price. It's now $34.99 for the combo, including the $20 gift card, making the H&R software effectively $14.99. Still a good deal.
Sojourner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2024, 11:48 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourner View Post
Just came across the best deal I've ever seen on H&R Block Deluxe+State. It's a combo that includes a $20 gift card for various merchants (your choice) and the total price is $27.99, making the H&R Block software effectively $7.99.

https://www.newegg.com/ HRBlock Deal

Hard to imagine getting a better deal than this if you are a "gift card person" and know you'll actually use it. I chose the Uber gift card since DW and I order from Uber Eats at least once a month.

EDIT: Just minutes after posting this, NewEgg changed the price. It's now $34.99 for the combo, including the $20 gift card, making the H&R software effectively $14.99. Still a good deal.
That's a good deal. Thanks! We use gift cards regularly but of the ones presented, only Lowes and Home Depot would work for us. Of course, I already have the software so, for me, it's moot.
Old 03-04-2024, 09:03 AM   #15

For all those procrastinators, H&R Block tax software is on sale again using a $20 off promo code which varies for the different versions. For Fed + State Deluxe: https://www.newegg.com/h-r-block-202...Tpk=32-732-180
Old 03-09-2024, 07:23 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 38Chevy454 View Post
So I switched to HRB this year after decades of using Turbo Tax. It is easy to use but it mangled the securities descriptions in my import from Vanguard. One was 70.0 with ten zeros followed by an apparent random number. All of the others were similar. I can fix that with a little effort. Another broker imported without any problems. I'll probably switch back to TT for next year.
RetMD21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 12:50 PM   #17

I did appreciate that HRB prompted me to enter my IRS pin, usually I have had to search for it in TT
RetMD21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 03:10 PM   #18

H&R Block Deluxe Federal + State is $32.50 right now on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Block-Softwar.../dp/B0CJCWHXH2

Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Qs Laptop is offline   Reply With Quote