6 Uncomfortable retirement truths you need to know about.

It would be helpful to summarize. Many people will not devote their time to a 15 minute video without knowing what to expect. I skimmed through his "six uncomfortable truths" and, as I expected, the conclusion is that you need to hire an advisor.

I devoted 15 seconds, that was more than enough.

It would be helpful to summarize. Many people will not devote their time to a 15 minute video without knowing what to expect.

+1. If OP has watched it and liked it, it shouldn't be too hard to write a few lines summarizing it for the rest of us.

If you are on your phone, YouTube gives you a nice interface to quickly jump from one to the next.

It's really only 5 Uncomfortable Truths, as #6 is an advertising plug, that you need a retirement advisor.

1. Expect 5-6 Bear Markets in Your Retirement
2. Your Health, Your Time and the People in Your Life are More Important than the Money
3. There Are No Guarantees
4. Working Longer Than You Need To Won't Help
5. Noone Knows What is Going to Happen
6. You Need a Retirement Advisor

It's really only 5 Uncomfortable Truths, as #6 is an advertising plug, that you need a retirement advisor.

2. Your Health, Your Time and the People in Your Life are More Important than the Money

Welcome to life.

Hmm nothing about how many bull markets to expect in one's retirement?

If you are on your phone, YouTube gives you a nice interface to quickly jump from one to the next.

None of these are uncomfortable, obvious maybe but not uncomfortable, except for number 6.

I don't really agree with #1, #4 (for some folks) and certainly #6.

Can I hire Noone? He seems to have his stuff together and I have a future question.

We haven't heard from Noone in quite a while. Nice to know he's still around to share his wisdom. :)

Can Noone be retirement advisor to the entire world?

I guess he can, but not on an individual hand-holding basis.

None of these are uncomfortable, obvious maybe but not uncomfortable, except for number 6.

+1

These are "realities that if one plans for one can deal with as best as possible".

I was going to use "Noone" as my user name when I signed onto this site, but it was already taken. :(

When the punchline is a plug, that means the whole video is a plug.

When the punchline is a plug, that means the whole video is a plug.
I disagree with this.....
Sure the last one is a plug but I don't feel the other points are. When I watched it last night I thought it had some good reminders, especially for those of us that are on the fence about calling it quits. The plug part make sense for those of us still in the learning phase. The saving part seems a lot less complicated than the retirement spending part.

Sure I could have summed things up for all but where is the suspense in that... LOL?

We haven't heard from Noone in quite a while. Nice to know he's still around to share his wisdom. :)

Mostly busy hangin' out with Captain Nemo.

Sure I could have summed things up for all but where is the suspense in that... LOL?

Aside from a summary being a good idea, it is also one of the Community Rules that we not post naked links.

Please do not post “naked” links, defined as links posted without explanation, interpretation or context.

It would be helpful to summarize. Many people will not devote their time to a 15 minute video without knowing what to expect.

I agree.

I often skip over threads that require me to read an article or watch a video when I have no idea what it is about.

Aside from a summary being a good idea, it is also one of the Community Rules that we not post naked links.
Ok I get it...I thought "some thoughts on retirement" would be good enough...but in the future I will let you know the butler did it....no cliffhangers for this group.

Back
Top Bottom