A milestone

Khan

Gone but not forgotten
I just realized that I am 59.5 and can take money out of the IRAs as I like.

Congratulations - don't spend it all at once :cool:

Congratulations!!!

Gosh, that seems so young from where I sit (62 in June). :D

Yahoo! There's gonna be a party at Khan's house this weekend. Be there or be square! :D

Whoo-hoo! I have a little over four years to go myself. By then I will be retired and collecting my pension, too. Then at 60 can get SS survivor benefits. All this and I won't even have to get out of bed in the morning...except to take the dog out.

I have a small IRA opened in 1984 that I'll be able to tap into this summer when the CD matures. I couldn't make any further contributions to it since I have a pension and the laws changed shortly after 1984.

Anyway, I've been trying to talk DW into spending it on some frivolous nonsense like a cruise to Hawaii. She will probably want me to behave like a responsible adult and do something sensible though.

So Khan what will be your first big irresponsible splurge?

Congratulations on this milestone Khan! Must be a nice feeling having that new cushion to fall back on. (But being a charter member of the LBYM'ers, you probably won't use it much...:))

Although I am 13 years away from age 59.5, I have carefully noted in my spreadsheet when I cap tap into what I call one of my "reinforcements" in case my annual expenses begin to exceed my dividend income (which is likely). For this one (my IRA, worth about $300k) to double in value in 13 years, it needs an annual rate of return of about 5.5%.

COngrats to you for being able to tap into it now. Don't blow it all at once!

Anyway, I've been trying to talk DW into spending it on some frivolous nonsense like a cruise to Hawaii.

Frivolous :confused:? Sounds like a good plan to me :cool:

So Khan what will be your first big irresponsible splurge?

Probably clothes. Most of my stuff is 10 - 20 years old and it starting to fray and fade.
Sears/Lands End will probably get a good boost once I figure out what size I wear.

Party?!?! I'll bring the beer.......................Keystone Light...........:LOL::LOL:

Way to go! I have actually been thinking about this milestone as there aren't so many left. I've got 3 months to go!!

t.r.

Probably clothes. Most of my stuff is 10 - 20 years old and it starting to fray and fade.
Sears/Lands End will probably get a good boost once I figure out what size I wear.

Congratulations on your new found wealth,
it will certainly boost your ER health

Oh, what to do with this new stash?
Invest in equities or burn some cash?

Under the mattress, buried in the yard,
you're LBYM, the choice is hard...

Or, unheard of, money to burn?
heads are spinning at this new turn!

Sears or Kohls, maybe DSW for shoes?
An ER poll to help you choose?

But if you are going to get new threads,
you gotta post pictures like thefed's

BUY BUY :greetings10: before the stock price skyrockets.

Just kidding. Enjoy your shopping. :D

Congratulations on your new found wealth,
it will certainly boost your ER health

Oh, what to do with this new stash?
Invest in equities or burn some cash?

Under the mattress, buried in the yard,
you're LBYM, the choice is hard...

Or, unheard of, money to burn?
heads are spinning at this new turn!

Sears or Kohls, maybe DSW for shoes?
An ER poll to help you choose?

But if you are going to get new threads,
you gotta post pictures like thefed's

I hereby nominate Westernskies for the unpaid position of poet laureate of the ER forum! :flowers:

Congratulations Khan! It looks like your sacrifices and planning are now paying off.

I've been living on small pension, then started 'harvesting' CD ladder, now feel somewhat obligated to draw on retirement accounts.

Anyone near Dayton Ohio want to help me shop for clothes?

I've been living on small pension, then started 'harvesting' CD ladder, now feel somewhat obligated to draw on retirement accounts.

Anyone near Dayton Ohio want to help me shop for clothes?

All you need are the Lands end and LL bean catalogues and you are good to go !

I just realized that I am 59.5 and can take money out of the IRAs as I like.

Yeah, and in 2 1/2 more years you can start SS. Life is very good.

Just don't spend it all in one place! :cool:

Back
Top Bottom