Join Early Retirement Today

AA finally in place
Old 05-27-2020, 01:33 PM   #1
Recycles dryer sheets

AA finally in place

So the transfer from USAA to Schwab is now complete. As of yesterday my AA is in place. I was going to wait until the first of June but like a kid in a candy store I wanted to rush the wait. I stuck with CS funds except VTAB which I picked up at USAA since there was no like fund at CS. Time to sit back and have a few cold ones.

Thanks for all the advice I've received in short time I have been on.
fisemper is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-27-2020, 02:23 PM   #2
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Did you initiate the transfer, or was this part of Schwab taking over USAA's investments?
RunningBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 04:13 PM   #3
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisemper View Post
... like a kid in a candy store ...
Good job. The hard part now will be to keep yourself from messing with it. I'd suggest taking a close look at the funds and the AA just once a year. Make any strategy trades then. DW and I look at ours between Christmas and New Year. About one year in three we will make a strategic trade.

Maybe look at the account balance once a month if you are keeping track in something like Quicken. Whatever you do, don't look every day.
OldShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 06:52 AM   #4
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningBum View Post
Did you initiate the transfer, or was this part of Schwab taking over USAA's investments?

This was all on USAA. Which got me thinking about other brokerages, and finding this forum!
Old 05-28-2020, 06:55 AM   #5
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldShooter View Post
Good job. The hard part now will be to keep yourself from messing with it. I'd suggest taking a close look at the funds and the AA just once a year. Make any strategy trades then. DW and I look at ours between Christmas and New Year. About one year in three we will make a strategic trade.

Maybe look at the account balance once a month if you are keeping track in something like Quicken. Whatever you do, don't look every day.

I was thinking adjusting after the new year. I like to see if things go good during Christmas. Did me well on straight stock picks, but too much hair loss.
Old 05-28-2020, 08:40 AM   #6
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisemper View Post
I was thinking adjusting after the new year. I like to see if things go good during Christmas. Did me well on straight stock picks, but too much hair loss.
The "when" doesn't matter much. It is the low frequency that is important. We use the week after Xmas simply because we are always at our snowy and cold lake home that week and it's a good time to ruminate. Here is the graphic I use with my Adult-Ed class when we talk about investment management technique:

OldShooter is offline   Reply With Quote