Join Early Retirement Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Access to Fidelity Investor Community Forum
Old 05-21-2020, 10:08 PM   #1
Confused about dryer sheets
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4
Access to Fidelity Investor Community Forum

Have been unable to get access to the Fidelity Investor Community Forum, despite being told several times that my request has been approved and I will be granted access. It appears that the access is controlled by a third party that is associated with Fidelity. My desire for access has become a compulsion with a growing level of anxiety and frustration. Although, I like the Fidelity website and their services, now thinking of withdrawing my funds and moving to a competing provider.

Does anybody know of an escalation path/email that I can take to get access?
__________________

Bossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-21-2020, 10:29 PM   #2
Recycles dryer sheets
Beststash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 319
After you login go to the bottom of the summary tab and you should see the link to the Investor Community Forum - that's how I get there.



Of course you can bookmark that link to get there a little quicker.
__________________

Beststash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 01:40 AM   #3
Dryer sheet wannabe
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 12
You might want to check your spam folder. The newsletter comes from:
<fidelitypwi-admin@fidelity-pwi.hosted.jivesoftware.com> and always ends up in my spam folder despite me marking it "not spam".

Perhaps your approval got filtered out?
Blooming Late is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 04:21 AM   #4
Moderator
braumeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Flyover country
Posts: 15,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossman View Post
Although, I like the Fidelity website and their services, now thinking of withdrawing my funds and moving to a competing provider.
Since that forum doesn't really have anything to do with Fidelity as a brokerage company, that seems like an exaggerated reaction. But I can understand how frustration builds up sometimes.

What kind of error are you getting when you try to enter the forum area?
__________________
I thought growing old would take longer.
braumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 06:25 AM   #5
Full time employment: Posting here.
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossman View Post
Have been unable to get access to the Fidelity Investor Community Forum, despite being told several times that my request has been approved and I will be granted access. It appears that the access is controlled by a third party that is associated with Fidelity. My desire for access has become a compulsion with a growing level of anxiety and frustration. Although, I like the Fidelity website and their services, now thinking of withdrawing my funds and moving to a competing provider.

Does anybody know of an escalation path/email that I can take to get access?
Didn't know this even existed. Is it a very active forum?
PatrickA5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 08:51 AM   #6
Full time employment: Posting here.
mn54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: mpls, mn
Posts: 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beststash View Post
After you login go to the bottom of the summary tab and you should see the link to the Investor Community Forum - that's how I get there.



Of course you can bookmark that link to get there a little quicker.
I checked my summary page and i don't have any link to this. checking further you need a min of 250k and be an active trader, making 35 or more trades a year, to join.
mn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 08:56 AM   #7
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 3,742
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickA5 View Post
Didn't know this even existed. Is it a very active forum?
Very active, not over moderated, but the participants are civil possibly because itís by invitation only.
COcheesehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 08:58 AM   #8
Full time employment: Posting here.
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 860
I don't make a lot of trades, so I probably won't qualify.
PatrickA5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 09:04 AM   #9
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 3,742
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickA5 View Post
I don't make a lot of trades, so I probably won't qualify.
I donít either, but I make monthly investments into a few funds and buy an occasional bond. I guess thatís enough for me to have received an invitation a few years ago.
COcheesehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 09:21 AM   #10
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
Sunset's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Spending the Kids Inheritance and living in Chicago
Posts: 9,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickA5 View Post
I don't make a lot of trades, so I probably won't qualify.
If Fidelity does not charge for trades, one could up their trade count by buying and selling some stock repeatedly.
Possibly just 1 share each time, if their algorithm simply counts trades.
__________________
Fortune favors the prepared mind. ... Louis Pasteur
Sunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 06:35 AM   #11
Full time employment: Posting here.
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 914
Quote:
Originally Posted by braumeister View Post
Since that forum doesn't really have anything to do with Fidelity as a brokerage company, that seems like an exaggerated reaction.
+1

The first phrase that came to mind was "cutting off nose to spite face".
__________________

mrfeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Holding non-fidelity funds at fidelity panhead FIRE and Money 16 05-02-2013 07:37 AM
Has anyone signed up to be a member of Fidelity's Greenline Forum? dessert FIRE and Money 18 03-09-2012 11:56 AM
Had not been able to access forum for days.. sheehs1 Forum Admin 41 12-24-2011 12:27 AM
Can't access forum from home PC anymore soupcxan Forum Admin 6 05-10-2005 06:20 PM

» Quick Links

 
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:42 PM.
 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×