Airline Refund/Voucher

Rianne

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I recently had a ER medical issue and asked for a refund/voucher from AA. I provided medical letter on letterhead, followed instructions. AA kept $200 per ticket and gave us $100 per ticket for future flights.

Must be better airlines that refund or offer vouchers for changed flights or dates. Any suggestions?

I recently had a ER medical issue and asked for a refund/voucher from AA. I provided medical letter on letterhead, followed instructions. AA kept $200 per ticket and gave us $100 per ticket for future flights.

Must be better airlines that refund or offer vouchers for changed flights or dates. Any suggestions?

Southwest is the best if you need to change flights.

It sounds like AA charged you the change fee and refunded the rest of your fare in the form of a voucher. If it was a non-refundable fare, that was actually more generous then they usually are.

Interesting-we had to cancel a flight to Hawaii with American and they refunded the entire amount to my credit card.
I think the reason was we bought our tickets for about $1K a long time ago and they could resell the seats for 2K.

Yeah I love SW but their network of destinations is quite limited outside of the continental 48 states.

Southwest is the best if you need to change flights.
+1. I can’t remember the last time I flew other than SWA since I retired. I always book their cheapest flights (less than half the $ of refundable) - they’re NOT refundable but you get full credit to use later. That’s a good enough guarantee for me. YMMV

And Midway is much nicer nowadays than it used to be.

Back
Top Bottom