Join Early Retirement Today

All of Vanguard purchase info
Old 12-21-2013, 01:32 PM   #1
Full time employment: Posting here.

All of Vanguard purchase info

Just finally getting my butt in gear (late as usual) on trying to move some of my TSP money over to Roth in the Vanguard account (just found out we are not going to move to the UK until at least 2015). Is there a location on the site that you can see ALL of your purchases? I switched to Vanguard in Sept 2012 (I think)....all I can find on the Vanguard site for the Roth I have (Moderate Growth) is from April of 2013. I think I should be able to move about $45K from the TSP to stay under the $72,500 15% limit as well, so I will give Vanguard a call pretty soon to see what the process is.
F4mandolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-21-2013, 03:11 PM   #2
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Have you tried looking in the tax section at unrealized gains and then details? It should list each currently owned purchase lot, when it was purchased, cost, current value and unrealized gains/(loss). Just going from memory...

Retired Jan 2012 at age 56
pb4uski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 03:48 PM   #3
Administrator

After logging in, select the Accounts tab and see the drop down menu.

Select Transactions and then you can select an account, length of time and type of transaction, such as "buys"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (35.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Capture 1.JPG (13.7 KB, 4 views)
Old 12-21-2013, 04:30 PM   #4

Alan- Nope, didn't work. I get the same answer, the first date is 13 April 2013 even though I put the money in back in Sept 2012. Oh well.....I'll give them a call on Monday about this and about moving some TSP money over to the Roth. Looks like we will have to put off the UK move for a while, the house here was not worth quite enough. Check back in with things this summer. We can go in the next year or so....but NOT to Harrogate.....more like Scarborough. Gives my wife a chance to get her US citizenship going this summer...which she was going to do anyway.
Old 12-21-2013, 06:24 PM   #5
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by F4mandolin View Post
Alan- Nope, didn't work. I get the same answer, the first date is 13 April 2013 even though I put the money in back in Sept 2012. Oh well.....I'll give them a call on Monday about this and about moving some TSP money over to the Roth. Looks like we will have to put off the UK move for a while, the house here was not worth quite enough. Check back in with things this summer. We can go in the next year or so....but NOT to Harrogate.....more like Scarborough. Gives my wife a chance to get her US citizenship going this summer...which she was going to do anyway.
That's a shame you're going to have to go low tech and make a phone call. Oh well...

Good luck to your wife with her citizenship application. It took me 9 months, and DW 12 months to get ours after we applied (at the same time, back in 1998).

We love Scarborough. Here are a couple of snaps - one of the south bay from when we visited in June, 2011 (tide in), and one of the north bay taken by our son when he visited us in September that same year (tide out).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Scarborough 9.jpg (695.2 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg P9230123.jpg (573.5 KB, 8 views)
Old 12-21-2013, 06:31 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
That's a shame you're going to have to go low tech and make a phone call. Oh well...

Good luck to your wife with her citizenship application. It took me 9 months, and DW 12 months to get ours after we applied (at the same time, back in 1998).

We love Scarborough. Here are a couple of snaps - one of the south bay from when we visited in June, 2011 (tide in), and one of the north bay taken by our son when he visited us in September that same year (tide out).
Wish we could apply well ahead of time (3 years in June), but it shouldn't be an issue. We just plan on staying another 2 years probably. Now I need to move some of that TSP money over to Roth.....don't know if I want to put it into the Moderate Growth where I have my Roth now.

Only problem with Scarborough....if my wife's parent fall apart and she has to drive back and forth....1:40 each way will get old real fast. And at 8$+ a gallon.....ouch.
Old 12-21-2013, 06:39 PM   #7
Give me a forum ...

Is this the place of the Scarborough Fair fame? Where grow a lot of parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme?

"Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities Can Make You Commit Atrocities" - Voltaire (1694-1778)
NW-Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 07:25 PM   #8

Yep
Old 12-21-2013, 07:35 PM   #9
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW-Bound View Post
Is this the place of the Scarborough Fair fame? Where grow a lot of parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme?
It certainly is

More info on the origins here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scarborough_Fair_(ballad)
Old 12-21-2013, 09:17 PM   #10
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by F4mandolin View Post

Are you checking all transactions for all accounts (ps... from the balances section... at the top... the transaction history)...

I just went in my account and could see the past 10 years without any problem... but if you converted from a regular account to admiral, and choose admiral you only get those from the date of conversion.... you have to go back to the regular account to see those...

That is why choose all transactions for all accounts and then reduce to what you want...
Texas Proud is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 10:03 AM   #11
Give me a forum ...

It was a rhetorical question, as I already knew the answer.

Time for some music.

"Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities Can Make You Commit Atrocities" - Voltaire (1694-1778)
NW-Bound is offline   Reply With Quote