All Together now,,Gas is Cheap!!

Nords said:
Speaking as a former Yugo owner...You hardly even needed a parking spot...

Was that because of the size of the Yugo or it's reputed lack of reliability? If it doesn't run the only parking spot you need is the one it already has... ;)

REW

REWahoo! said:
Was that because of the size of the Yugo or it's reputed lack of reliability?  If it doesn't run the only parking spot you need is the one it already has... ;) REW
Hey, talk Yugo trash all you want but I took one through a Connecticut winter and the worst problem was a rusted-out muffler. It didn't have A/C but the heater worked fine and everything else was reliable (not luxurious). I was even able to adjust the clutch cable with a pair of needle-nose pliers. City gas mileage was over 35 mpg (I never drove it long distances). I bought it for $995 and sold it six months later for... $995.

Nords said:
Hey, talk Yugo trash all you want but I took one through a Connecticut winter and the worst problem was a rusted-out muffler. It didn't have A/C but the heater worked fine and everything else was reliable (not luxurious). I was even able to adjust the clutch cable with a pair of needle-nose pliers. City gas mileage was over 35 mpg (I never drove it long distances). I bought it for $995 and sold it six months later for... $995.

That reminds me of my island car in Hawaii, bought it in the beginning of the school year for $1,000. Toyota hatchback of some kind. Paint flaked away, rusted through in several places, rims were solid red rust. Me and a buddy sanded it down, and used three cans of spray paint and a roll of tape to give it a nice home style paint job (I don't think the university appreciated the outline on the dorm parking lot :D ). We even painted the rims "chrome"! Finishing touch was a big surf sticker on the rear window. And it fit our surfboards inside! At the end of the year we had surfers quite interested in buying it, covered total costs, including the ticket for not registering or having insurance. :-\ :LOL:

Sounds like what I'm driving right now while my car is out on loan. I also had a similiar 'Maui Cruizer' when I first moved over. What's amazing is how one can adapt to driving a lesser car, after a few days it seems fine. Then when you switch back, you notice a big difference (mostly unnesessary).

Laurence said:
That reminds me of my island car in Hawaii, bought it in the beginning of the school year for $1,000.  Toyota hatchback of some kind.  Paint flaked away, rusted through in several places, rims were solid red rust.  Me and a buddy sanded it down, and used three cans of spray paint and a roll of tape to give it a nice home style paint job (I don't think the university appreciated the outline on the dorm parking lot  :D ).  We even painted the rims "chrome"!  Finishing touch was a big surf sticker on the rear window.  And it fit our surfboards inside!  At the end of the year we had surfers quite interested in buying it, covered total costs, including the ticket for not registering or having insurance.  :-\  :LOL:
I think I saw that car last week, but it could have been one of six or seven different Toyotas. Could you be more specific about the custom paint job? (Just kidding!)

Back
Top Bottom