Ally $500 Bonus Offer

I have not yet seen the bonus in my account.

It clearly said the bonus was to be deposited by February 15. You simply now have access to your principle without risking the loss of the bonus money.

I'm guessing the majority of us won't be touching these accounts until the then. At that point you can expect Ally to increase rates on both savings and CD accounts just to keep us as customers. As usual, Capital One will soon follow with these increases plus they have their on bonus program going on.

How come Ally's web site doesn't show a 13 month available? Wouldn't think they'd want everyone calling instead. The rate is still lower than many brick and motors around me.

Sometimes you have to dig to find the specials.

A search on Ally 13 month select CD will take you to their page announcing the promotion. When you open a CD 13 month Select will be in their drop down list.

I see one 12 month CD (brokered new issue) at Fidelity for 4.65%, otherwise it’s 4.60% or less. So Ally seems in line.

T-bills offer a bit more.

A search on Ally 13 month select CD will take you to their page announcing the promotion. When you open a CD 13 month Select will be in their drop down list.

I see one 12 month CD (brokered new issue) at Fidelity for 4.65%, otherwise it’s 4.60% or less. So Ally seems in line.

T-bills offer a bit more.

yes, these rates are coming down.

Thanks, somehow I thought we should've seen the amount yesterday and then would wait till 2/15 for it to be permanent. I need to keep a notebook for all the different games I'm playing with deposits, credit cards etc.

For sure. I make a note on my spreadsheet and my electronic calendar what date I can move the money and what date to expect the bonus. At one point I even maintained a separate sreadsheet, I had so many bonus offers going on at once. Those days are behind us I guess.

hmmm. I forgot all about this. Sure enough $500 deposit yesterday. IMG_2168.JPG

Still haven’t gotten mine [emoji20]

Got mine today! It was only $466 and deposited in the wrong account. I moved $50k into the other account, so I don’t know why, but no complaints. I’ll take it.

Got mine today! It was only $466 and deposited in the wrong account. I moved $50k into the other account, so I don’t know why, but no complaints. I’ll take it.
Hmm. I only had $20,000 to move in for this and got a $201 bonus. I'll Venmo you $1 if you want, but you'll have to track down 33 other people who got your dollar! I did make a little over $100 in interest on that money so maybe they counted that for me?

Hmm. I only had $20,000 to move in for this and got a $201 bonus. I'll Venmo you $1 if you want, but you'll have to track down 33 other people who got your dollar! I did make a little over $100 in interest on that money so maybe they counted that for me?

[emoji23] No need to Venmo. Just give it to charity if you feel like you shouldn’t keep it. [emoji38]

Yes, it’s already marked as interest income in my Quicken.

My interest income is going to be way higher than usual this year, and it will probably hit me hard tax wise. I suppose I should be looking at how to move some assets around.

Yes, it’s already marked as interest income in my Quicken.

My interest income is going to be way higher than usual this year, and it will probably hit me hard tax wise. I suppose I should be looking at how to move some assets around.

I also started adding up what my potential taxable interest and dividends may be this year and it's going to put me in a higher tax bracket. And now that I will be filing "single" for 2023 tax year, I will be punished!:facepalm:

I also started adding up what my potential taxable interest and dividends may be this year and it's going to put me in a higher tax bracket. And now that I will be filing "single" for 2023 tax year, I will be punished!:facepalm:
Yep.
I now estimate I will earn more in interest in my traditional IRA this year than I can Roth convert (without blowing into the 32% bracket as single filer).

Wow. I signed up for the bonus but based my understanding of the rules, I decided to ignore them because I use Ally to pay my bills so money moves in and out but apparently, I didn't break the rules and GOT MY $500 BONUS! Yahoo!

Back
Top Bottom