Ally up to 1.50%

There are no such limits if you initiate the transfer from the source institution (assuming the source institution has much higher limits). I had no trouble transferring in a larger amount via ACH, initiating it at my brokerage.

Was contacted by a person representing themselves as an Andrews supervisor today. I had noted the amount I wanted to ACH transfer, initiated by our Ally account in a secure message and the supervisor said their daily and monthly $25k limits on ACH were the same no matter which bank initiated. Pressed her, but she said my options were to hand carry a check, mail a check, Fedex a check, or wire the CD funds. $15 incoming wire fee which she might waive as I'm so freaking special. Good on you for getting your funds transferred, but looks like they have stopped that method.

I thought they all did the auto renewal. I assume the maturity instructions can be changed and include a grace period but seldom check the full disclosure. Haven’t been burned yet and don’t generally have enough in one CD to make it a critical mistake.

As an aside, brokerages like Fidelity give you a choice on auto renewal.

Was contacted by a person representing themselves as an Andrews supervisor today. I had noted the amount I wanted to ACH transfer, initiated by our Ally account in a secure message and the supervisor said their daily and monthly $25k limits on ACH were the same no matter which bank initiated. Pressed her, but she said my options were to hand carry a check, mail a check, Fedex a check, or wire the CD funds. $15 incoming wire fee which she might waive as I'm so freaking special. Good on you for getting your funds transferred, but looks like they have stopped that method.

This is simply incorrect. I transferred $50K via ACH from Fidelity to my Andrews Base Savings account on July 10. It was initiated at Fidelity and on July 11 shows up as “ACH Dep:FID BKG SVC..... $50,000” as a Credit in my Andrews transaction history.

I don’t know why a supervisor would be so clueless about this.

Would they really have changed this method since last week?!?

Last edited:

Did you recently open the account? I looked up the daily limit for ACH initiated at Andrews and it said 5k/day. I didn’t notice a monthly limit. Are they saying the monthly limit is same as daily? That does not seem reasonable.

Did you recently open the account? I looked up the daily limit for ACH initiated at Andrews and it said 5k/day. I didn’t notice a monthly limit. Are they saying the monthly limit is same as daily? That does not seem reasonable.
They say the monthly limit is $25K, the daily May be $5K or $10K, not sure.

I have transferred in much greater amounts than either limit from Fidelity, initiated at Fidelity.

Andrews has always had super low transfer limits - like PenFed does. But I’ve also transferred large amounts to and from PenFed.

I think it’s a matter of CYA. If another institution initiated a transfer, and it has to be clawed back, it’s on them.

I really don’t think an institution can place super low limits on an ACH transfer from another institution.

Last edited:

Haven't sent copies of our driver's licenses and major credit cards with blanked numbers but embossed names or passport copies and voided bank check for account they are to pull $5 membership from in yet. So am not yet a member. On $100k there is about a $750 difference between this CD and the Ally savings account over a 9 month period, so I'm willing to jump through some hoops, but Andrews is feeling more like Citi or California bank and less like Chase as far as ease of meeting requirements for the bonus money. If I complete membership I may just ACH them the funds ala Audrey and see what happens. I'm sure not mailing them a check.

Edit: Just checked, and a wire from Ally is cheap at $20, so may just go that route.

Last edited:
It was a pain to get set up with Andrews, but once I had my account number and online access, everything else went very smoothly.

I actually don’t remember supplying copies of DLs or additional stuff.

My application to open an account.
I opened an account for my wife last Thursday evening. I also uploaded her driver license soon after. Her application was approved Tuesday so it took 2 1/2 business days.

Haven't sent copies of our driver's licenses and major credit cards with blanked numbers but embossed names or passport copies and voided bank check for account they are to pull $5 membership from in yet. So am not yet a member. On $100k there is about a $750 difference between this CD and the Ally savings account over a 9 month period, so I'm willing to jump through some hoops, but Andrews is feeling more like Citi or California bank and less like Chase as far as ease of meeting requirements for the bonus money. If I complete membership I may just ACH them the funds ala Audrey and see what happens. I'm sure not mailing them a check.

Edit: Just checked, and a wire from Ally is cheap at $20, so may just go that route.

I agree w Audrey that getting setup at AFCU can be a bit of a pain, but I don’t think I had to jump through so many hoops as you are. It makes me appreciate having 3 branches in the area. I can see why they might be more cautious for a new member with a large deposit. You could always send your check to me and I’ll drop it off and send your receipt!

It was a pain to get set up with Andrews, but once I had my account number and online access, everything else went very smoothly.

I actually don’t remember supplying copies of DLs or additional stuff.

They did not ask me for any documents either, but then I am not going to invest much to start.

They did not ask me for any documents either, but then I am not going to invest much to start.

They asked me. It's definitely a pain to set up this account. I'll be surprised if the CD is still available by the time they get my account established.

When I applied online, 2 business days later, they messaged me for my D/L. 2 business days later, I got approved. I then applied for my wife too, I uploaded her D/L thinking it would speed things up. I don't know if it helped or not but she was approved 2 1/2 business days later. They have an easy document upload option.

Gosh, this thread should be renamed CD Deals 2018!

Last edited:
I vote we need one (Post) that allows people to post the best CD / MM Rates as they find them. Perhaps it should be sticky, as a lot of us use them and are very interested. Unfortunately we are not a very disciplined bunch and tend to post our findings "willy nilly" (Technical Term). This only makes the info hard to keep track of.

Anyone really serious about finding the best rates would be wise to visit https://www.depositaccounts.com/
and find most anything you want about fixed rates. You can subscribe to get info on new rates at the bank/credit union ect of your choice e-mailed to you when it happens. A great site I am not affiliated with except a happy user.

Anyone really serious about finding the best rates would be wise to visit https://www.depositaccounts.com/
and find most anything you want about fixed rates. You can subscribe to get info on new rates at the bank/credit union ect of your choice e-mailed to you when it happens. A great site I am not affiliated with except a happy user.

That’s how I stumbled on the Andrews deal. Just happened to check their blog that day. The blog gives the latest news so it’s easy to find the recent deals.

I did set up a CD account at Main Street Bank, Fairfax Va. It was pretty straightforward. Customer service was responsive and helpful.

One news flash: that 15 month CD is now at 2.75%, down from 2.8% a day ago.

I have tossed in the towel with Andrews CU. The required documentation to prove who I am is just jt worth the few extra dollars I might earn. It seems every time I send them something they request, I get a response that they now need another doc.

Too bad - wow, I never went through that much crap. I didn't have my credit frozen at the time, so I don't know if that made a difference.

Too bad - wow, I never went through that much crap. I didn't have my credit frozen at the time, so I don't know if that made a difference.

My account application is STILL pending. I applied July 11th and have submitted all required documents thus far.

My account application is STILL pending. I applied July 11th and have submitted all required documents thus far.
Something may be wrong. Did you check your online application status? If you have the time, you should give them a call to have them check why the delay.

Am all accepted and have a CD bought. Required almost daily phone calls to one specific head teller. Got her name and just dealt with her. PITA, and the gal is wondering if it will take a trip back east just to get our money back after 9 months, but I'm optimistic.

Back
Top Bottom