Originally Posted by LakeTravis
Good question - I think now I can relax and quit worrying if it's enough, and continue to add to our portfolio with the comfort of knowing that we're covered.
Maybe I'll ER next week - but wait until 2014 to tell my employer
Good plan. I was aiming for a date at a least a year in advance. I knew that I was FI. I knew that if they went through a downsizing, instead of being worried that I'd get fired, I could look for a way to raise my hand and volunteer to go. (Saw a former co-worker yesterday who left two years after me and actually made that work.) It reduced the stress.
I eventually gave my boss 4 months notice, but told him I'd be willing to work longer if he was having trouble replacing me. I ended up working 8 months. That made working even easier.