Amazon Prime 5% cash back cc

bizlady

Full time employment: Posting here.
Amazon just partnered with Chase Bank and is now offering to Prime members a cc with 5% cash back with all Amazon purchases, 2% cash back on gas, drug store and restaurants, and 1% everything else. PLUS a $70 store credit upon approval. No foreign fees on travel overseas also.

I just applied for mine and was instantly approved- though kind of surprised to get only a $5k initial credit limit.

But great deal...... :dance:

Amazon just partnered with Chase Bank and is now offering to Prime members a cc with 5% cash back with all Amazon purchases, 2% cash back on gas, drug store and restaurants, and 1% everything else.

I saw this recently and checked my amazon card, and indeed, it has been bumped up to 5% cash back on my amazon prime purchases. That's nice bump up from 3%.

Take note that it has to be a 'prime' purchase - if you purchase something off of amazon, say from a third party seller, you only get the usual 1%.

So this is like their store card - but you can use it anywhere?

Nice.

I have the amazon prime store card - and love the 5% back on amazon purchases.

Take note that it has to be a 'prime' purchase - if you purchase something off of amazon, say from a third party seller, you only get the usual 1%.

Nice catch- but are you sure this is the case? I just read the terms and did not see that... perhaps I missed it.... definitely want to know as I would use a different card then!

Sweet, gave me the same credit limit as well, but I don't expect anything more than that from Chase initially anymore :)

I saw something on my mobile about the 5% card but didn't apply because I already have a 3% card via Amazon from years back and my credit is frozen. But might have to follow this thread.

Every time I buy something on Amazon they advertise their credit card. There is a standing offer of $70 off your purchase. I see it every time. It might be worth a look.

Amazon just partnered with Chase Bank and is now offering to Prime members a cc with 5% cash back with all Amazon purchases, 2% cash back on gas, drug store and restaurants, and 1% everything else. PLUS a $70 store credit upon approval. No foreign fees on travel overseas also.

I just applied for mine and was instantly approved- though kind of surprised to get only a $5k initial credit limit.

But great deal...... :dance:
I saw this recently and checked my amazon card, and indeed, it has been bumped up to 5% cash back on my amazon prime purchases. That's nice bump up from 3%.

OMG, thank you!!! My Amazon Visa has been bumped up to 5% cash back for Amazon Prime purchases too. I had no idea (probably deleted the message by accident or something).

This is like Christmas. :D

Bizlady, my credit limit started out lower than yours, but went up (without my mentioning it to them) after a couple of months.

Last edited:
OMG, thank you!!! My Amazon Visa has been bumped up to 5% cash back for Amazon Prime purchases too. I had no idea (probably deleted the message by accident or something).

This is like Christmas. :D

Bizlady, my credit limit started out lower than yours, but went up (without my mentioning it to them) after a couple of months.

A question... where are you confirming that the card is bumped up?

On your statement? After a purchase? In an article?

I have the 3% card so am looking forward to the freebie upgrade.

Go to your Amazon account and click on "Manage Payment Options" then expand the information on your Amazon Rewards Visa Signature Card. If you are a Prime member (primary, not a household member) you should see how to get the 5% instead of 3%.

Last edited:

I just went to my account, and then under Amazon Wallet, Payment Methods, I clicked on Amazon Credit Cards, then on Amazon Prime Rewards Visa. I'll bet you already have the upgrade (go check!). It lists there what you have to do, in order to keep it. Basically, have it as your default credit card and don't cancel it or cancel Prime.

Edited to add: Or, do what REWahoo suggested, which is probably a better way to make sure you have the 5%.

Go to your Amazon account and click on "Manage Payment Options" then expand the information on your Amazon Rewards Visa Signature Card. If you are a Prime member (primary, not a household member) you should see how to get the 5% instead of 3%.

Thanks for the tip. Yep, I'm in at 5% :D.

You guys are too quick for me.

I had just signed up for the newer card but now I find it had already happened automatically. Went to this site to mention the new card and it's already an ongoing thread. :blush:

We are suppose to get replacement cards that are metal. Must be similar to the Chase Sapphire.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 46
I signed up as a result of this article -- How Rewards Cards at Amazon and Costco Compare (NASDAQ: COST) (NASDAQ: AMZN) - 24/7 Wall St..

It took less than two minutes to be approved (at a $6,000 credit limit) and it became my default card at Amazon for instant use. (I will most probably change that "default" thing, however, I prefer not to have a vendor have that kind of data in my profile.)

FWIW, I now have way more credit cards than I know what to do with but how can one turn down 5%... particularly with the amount we spend every year with Amazon.

Last edited:
My Discover Card gave me 5% cash back for about 6 months last year at Amazon. Now it's back to 1% or so. Maybe it's time for me to get the Amazon Card. However, I find that Amazon is getting somewhat pricey compared to some of the Brick and Mortar stores in my area, so maybe it's not a good idea after all.

DH was just telling me about this earlier tonight. I got to ER and there is already a thread about it :)

We got the Amazon/Chase credit card many years ago and got Prime last year. What a nice surprise.

Amazon just partnered with Chase Bank and is now offering to Prime members a cc with 5% cash back with all Amazon purchases, 2% cash back on gas, drug store and restaurants, and 1% everything else.

My Amazon card just got bumped up to 5% back on Amazon, but none of the rest of this list was included. Also it was Amazon in partnership with a different bank. Is it possible there are multiple deals out at the same time?

Nice catch- but are you sure this is the case? I just read the terms and did not see that... perhaps I missed it.... definitely want to know as I would use a different card then!

I've got a message in to Chase to confirm or deny this.

My Amazon card just got bumped up to 5% back on Amazon, but none of the rest of this list was included. Also it was Amazon in partnership with a different bank. Is it possible there are multiple deals out at the same time?
yes, there are two I have. The Amazon Store Card with Synchrony, which is 5% statement credit for Prime customers, and the Chase Amazon VISA which now offers 5% in points to Prime customers - up from 3%. The points can be used for new purchases. I prefer the statement credit myself and have been using the Amazon Store card exclusively since I got it in 2015.

We've had this Amazon Chase card for years. We don't have Amazon Prime but I did get an email today about the 5% if we have Prime and how to link it up.

The original poster called this a cash back card. It's not a cash back card like the PenFed cash back card that credits your statement every month. It's a points card that gives you points that can be accumulated. They can be used at any level on an Amazon purchase. Or you can accumulate points and when your points reach 2,000 or more you can redeem them for a statement credit or deposit to your bank (2,000 points = $20). At 500 points you can use them for a limited selection of gift cards, most gift cards are $25 for 2500 points.

So the points value is very good compared to some other cards but be aware it's not actually a "cash back" card.

We use this card for our Amazon purchases and it's very nice to be able to use accumulated points without having to get to a minimum of 2,000 points. Points are posted on your statement date so you can redeem them toward a purchase after your statement cycle date.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom