Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

Annuity Alliance 8.1%??
Old 11-23-2019, 09:41 AM   #1
Full time employment: Posting here.

Annuity Alliance 8.1%??

Anyone look in to how Annuity Alliance is advertising an 8.1% rate?? And with a 13% bonus?
Perryinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-23-2019, 10:22 AM   #2
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perryinva View Post
Anyone look in to how Annuity Alliance is advertising an 8.1% rate?? And with a 13% bonus?
Looking at their site, they appear to be only a lead generator who gets paid for clicks or gets a fee if they deliver a lead that buys. They do not offer annuities, so they can advertise the moon without any risk or obligation.

I tell my investment class students that there are thousands of complex and attractive-looking deals out there. The question is: How many frogs do you want to kiss while seeking a prince, given that each kiss costs time and money? This one looks like a frog to me.
OldShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 10:30 AM   #3
Give me a forum ...

https://www.annuitygator.com/indepen...z-222-annuity/
Old 11-23-2019, 11:03 AM   #4
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Wouldn't trust these guys. Testimonials on website are made up.

Scroll down to the bottom of each of these pages - testimonials from the made up customers.

October 2016:
https://web.archive.org/web/20161029...nce.com/rates/

Today:
https://annuityalliance.com/rates/

Interesting how the dates on the testimonials changed, isn't it?
njhowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 11:12 AM   #5
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by njhowie View Post
Wouldn't trust these guys. Testimonials on website are made up.

Scroll down to the bottom of each of these pages - testimonials from the made up customers.

October 2016:
https://web.archive.org/web/20161029...nce.com/rates/

Today:
https://annuityalliance.com/rates/

Interesting how the dates on the testimonials changed, isn't it?
Interesting/good job.

I don't bother to investigate any deal where my very-sensitive frog detector goes off. Sure, it might be a false positive and I may miss a prince once in a while but to me that's a very acceptable tradeoff for not doing due diligence on a bunch of worthless frogs.
OldShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 11:18 AM   #6
Full time employment: Posting here.

Also, I can't find any information on the company. How long they've been around, ratings, etc. I find an annuity to be inherently risky because if the company is liquidated you hope that the state guaranty association will cover losses, and even if they do, they generally have coverage limits between $100-500K. If I were considering an annuity, I would only consider one from a large A+ or A++ rated company. I DEFINITELY wouldn't get one from a fly-by-night company like this, especially offering rates too good to be true. In annuities, the financial strength of the underlying company is much more important than their rates IMO.
dirtbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 11:24 AM   #7
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtbiker View Post
Also, I can't find any information on the company. How long they've been around, ratings, etc. I find an annuity to be inherently risky because if the company is liquidated you hope that the state guaranty association will cover losses, and even if they do, they generally have coverage limits between $100-500K. If I were considering an annuity, I would only consider one from a large A+ or A++ rated company. I DEFINITELY wouldn't get one from a fly-by-night company like this, especially offering rates too good to be true. In annuities, the financial strength of the underlying company is much more important than their rates IMO.
Exactly - there is no contact information on their website - you can't pick up the phone and call. If you run a WHOIS search on the website, they're using a proxy for their registration info, meaning the owner of the site does not want you to be able to contact them or know who owns it.
njhowie is offline   Reply With Quote