Another FIRE article

What would truly shock me would be an article about which I couldn't guess the comments that our members would make.

So, you think we are predictable?

BTW, when would you take SS, and should I take a mortgage into retirement?:D

And, I forgot, GET OFF OF MY LAWN:facepalm:

So, you think we are predictable?
Not individually, but as a group. After all, there are bound to be many similarities in ER's opinions about the articles that some will see as disparaging the ER lifestyle. These can feel threatening.

ER is not a mainstream lifestyle, so some of us may be a bit unsure about things. I, for example, think there is much more risk than sometimes understood. We'll see, and I hope I am wrong, because I am an ER too, and way beyond any realistic possibility of picking up a good job if I ever were to need it.

Ha

i have no problem with FIRE becoming a 'new-age cult ' as long as it doesn't degenerate into a sleazy marketing scheme ( much like big-time TV sport )

inspiring folks to budget for the long term AND be fiscally literate sounds like a great thing for me , no fancy yachts or mansions for me ( even if i had a billion dollars ) it just isn't me , but sitting on the street corner begging for change isn't something i would like to do either ( but it might be essential for some if another GFC hits again )

FIRE will not suit everyone but heck where would the world be with more disgruntled employees ( if some can exit gracefully isn't that a good thing )

Back
Top Bottom