Another reason why I manage my own money !

A quick google search indicates that they seem to know quite a lot about him, so I doubt he'll evade capture for long.

Let's see ... kill myself, or move in Rio with $17 million. Decisions, decisions!

I heard the last words anyone heard him speak were "It's a stock-picker's market."

"I hid many things fraudulently and deceptively, to try and give myself more time to pull some positive returns together," the note said. "To be clear, nothing has been taken, only lost through stressful periods of trading a bad investments ... I am emotionally overwhelmed and incapable of continuing in this life."

Wow...most con artists simply disappear. He is actually trying to mount is defense ahead of time (true slickster). Rather than admit he stole the money, he merely "lost it through bad investments.". That way, if/when he's apprehended, and it comes to light that he has assets in other countries, he can say that he was trying to take advantage of the opportunities in ______ in these other countries, and he merely ran out of time to capitalize on the return, "just as my suicide note said".

But, wait....he had kept some of the assets invested, and was just biding his time for the value to increase. And as a matter of fact, he was just about to sell the property and return the money to the investors when the gov't caught up to him and arrested him right before he was able to do so.

Out of all of the 'suicide' attempts, jumping off of a ferry in the ocean has to be the most fake. Not only would it have to be an insanely tall ferry to have a decent chance of dying on impact, but if he truly did want to die (which he apparently did not), and he happens to survive the impact, most people don't want to face the possibility of floating in the ocean with a broken arm/leg/neck, begging that the sharks take a big bite out at your neck to make it go quick, and not end up being slowly torn apart by smaller fish. There are hundreds of other ways to get the deed done with far greater certainty if you're trying to do it.

As discussed in other threads I have started this year to buy some deferred annuities... so far so good. The agent has not disappeared yet :)

Back
Top Bottom