Any Bulls Left?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought 80 shares of VTU. throwing money to the wind.
I've been buying in sizable chunks all the way down since July 08.
I dumped 25K into stock mutual funds this week.
In 5 or so years I will either look like a genius or a fool.
Your guess is as good or better than mine.
Steve

PS. Repeat after me- buy when everyone is fearful (say it over and over and please make it my/our reality)

PS. Repeat after me- buy when everyone is fearful (say it over and over and please make it my/our reality)
I'm buying about $2000 worth of S&P500 index funds every two weeks. I'm sure fearful and I feel like a dumbsh*t so it must be the right thing to do. :whistle:

Oh, man. The Dow is down to 7366 at market close today. Oof. Ouch. That is so low. A person would have to be a real optimist to be bullish today. :dead:

Oh, man. The Dow is down to 7366 at market close today. Oof. Ouch. That is so low. A person would have to be a real optimist to be bullish today. :dead:
I bought today. Moved 5% from fixed income to equities. I'm still low on equities, but feeling more optimistic every day :cool:

It will rise (one of these days) although the next few rises will probably be characterized as bear market rallies. Selling right now on long positions is irrational. I really believe that it would be a grave mistake for anyone who does not need all of the money right now. I can understand not buying (though I wish I was that brave-Actually, I am as to a DCA approach to a 72k 402(b) account my wife created from her modest teacher salary). Most of the folks who panic and sell now or at (shudder) Dow 6000 will probably wait for a 4 or 5 thousand point rise before they again commit. Buy and hold, do or die, live free or die, etc., etc.

Full auto - Target Retirement 2015 - go team, fight, run that ball! - er something.

Now - with the Norwegian widow stocks - still haven't moved any deck chairs on the Titanic - but soon as I cure this small bout of chickenheartedness:

You'll see - a few good stocks and next season Saint's in the Superbowl - :D.

heh heh heh - :whistle:

Just that number alone is scary. Retired in 1988, moved all the 401k into income fund, finally decided we couldn't live the rest of our lives invested like that. Wife and I had a big talk and went back into stock mutual funds in 1995 when the DOW was at 5000. Doubled our money, got out when it was 11000, back in when it was 9000, out again at 11000. Fourteen years later, look where it is. Don't have the time left anymore to take chances.

Fourteen years later, look where it is. Don't have the time left anymore to take chances.
Hey, if you've run the numbers and determined you don't need to take market risk, more power to you. The more I watch what's going on now, the more I think I'll postpone retirement until I can safely assume an asset allocation that doesn't have to take a lot of risk. That probably means a 2.5-3% withdrawal rate, but better than assuming 4% and retiring in late 2007 (or early 2000).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom