Any experiences using SIGFIG?

jollystomper

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Money Magazine's March 2013 review of the best financial apps and websites included a website called SIGFIG (http://www.sigfig.com). It gathers your data from your brokerage/mutual fund websites to track your investments, assess your asset allocation and risk level, and make recommendations - it according to Money, "checks for hidden fees, overcharges, and underperforming funds, and suggests alternatives."

Has anyone used this site and care to comment? I took a look and perhaps am a little nervous since you need to provide the sign-on information for your accounts (though they have lots of words about how secure they keep the info, no one sees it as it is instantly encrypted, etc., etc.). But it seems like it can be useful and save time from having to manually key and maintain the information.

I have not used the site, but I have used the Windows 8 app. I haven't used it extensively, but it seems like Mint for investment accounts and was the best Win8 app available for finances.

I tried out the new one that came online in September last year in USA Today. It is free and to me it is among the very best. (Better than Yahoo from what I can remember.) You can actually import all your holdings directly from different brokers and follow everything in one portfolio, but I did not want to do that because I do not want any security breach, and I entered each position manually. But the tool is great.

Track your stocks and funds in real time, free
I posted that on 1/4/13. The tracker by USA Today is provided by SIGFIG, and I have used it since beginning of the year and I stand by my positive review. I am glad that Money Magazine also agrees.

I signed up today. It says my Vanguard Wellington is a "mediocre investment", and that I should look at Mairs & Power Balanced Fund or Villere Balanced Fund.

I'll keep an eye on it and if anything interesting pops up, I'll report.

I installed it today also. I got some recommendations so I am going to check out the recommendations.

Back
Top Bottom