Any Quicken pros?

SumDay

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I love my Quicken 2012. For months I'd been trying to get my employer's 401(k) website to talk to my Quicken so I could download my transactions & balances.

The good news: I finally got it to happen! :dance: The bad news: We have a group of funds (Blackrock Lifepath Index 2015, 2020, 2025, etc.) that aren't apparently publicly traded. :blush:

So, the # of shares comes through fine, but the share price for each of these funds imports at about 4x higher than it really is. I'm liking this hugely inflated total balance, but I realize it's not accurate. :facepalm:

All my other funds (i.e., Dodge & Cox, Pimco, etc) come through exactly to the penny.

I've called our plan fund manager, and they're looking into it. In the meantime, I can't figure out how to adjust the price per share! You can adjust # of shares, but not the price.

Any ideas? Other than getting out of the Blackrock Funds?

Try going to Security List and double click on the subject security to get the Security Detail View screen. Then select Update/Edit Price History from the drop down menu and then Edit for the relevant date.

Clunky but it will work until you can get the automatic download to work.

You may also want to go to Edit Security Details and then try to Lookup the ticker.

You. Rock. :D

Thank you so much - I'd never have found it. I just lost about 1/2 my 401(k) by doing that, but at least now it's accurate.

Thanks again.

Were you able to find it so it updates automatically or are you just manually adjusting the prices? Sounds like the latter.

I'm manually adjusting. For now it works.

We're getting ready for a meeting with a financial planner, and I wanted my Quicken Net Worth to be a little more accurate.

Now that I know that option is there, I'd play around with it a little more. Thanks again.

Yes, you'll have to manually do those for now. The Blackrock ones are like that since they have no symbol. I've heard people complain about those.

I have small 401k from an old employer with a privately managed index that I have to do the same thing. It can be frustrating, but at least there is a work around.

I found these tickers. Not sure if it is what you are looking for or heading in the right direction.

SYMBOLNAMECOUNTRYTYPEINDUSTRY/OBJECTIVE
LPCMX:USBlackRock LifePath 2020 Portfolio - Investor CUSAFund of FundsFlexible Portfolio
LPRCX:USBlackRock LifePath 2020 Portfolio - RUSAFund of FundsFlexible Portfolio
LPRMX:USBlackRock LifePath 2020 Portfolio - RUSAFund of FundsFlexible Portfolio
LPSCX:USBlackRock LifePath 2020 Portfolio - SUSAFund of FundsFlexible Portfolio
STLCX:USBlackRock LifePath 2020 Portfolio - IUSAFund of FundsFlexible Portfolio
LPCNX:USBlackRock LifePath 2030 Portfolio - Investor CUSAFund of FundsFlexible Portfolio
LPRDX:USBlackRock LifePath 2030 Portfolio - AUSAFund of FundsFlexible Portfolio
LPRNX:USBlackRock LifePath 2030 Portfolio - R1USAFund of FundsFlexible Portfolio
LPSDX:USBlackRock LifePath 2030 Portfolio - SUSAFund of FundsFlexible Portfolio
STLDX:USBlackRock LifePath 2030 Portfolio - IUSAFund of FundsFlexible Portfolio
CIT1694:USBlackRock LifePath Index 2020 Non-Lending FundUSAOpen-End FundFlexible Portfolio
CIT1695:USBlackRock LifePath Index 2025 Non-Lending FundUSAOpen-End FundFlexible Portfolio
CIT1696:USBlackRock LifePath Index 2030 Non-Lending FundUSAOpen-End FundFlexible Portfolio
CIT1697:USBlackRock LifePath Index 2035 Non-Lending FundUSAOpen-End FundFlexible Portfolio
LPCKX:USBlackRock LifePath 2040 Portfolio - Investor CUSAFund of FundsFlexible Portfolio
LPREX:USBlackRock LifePath 2040 Portfolio - AUSAFund of FundsFlexible Portfolio
LPRKX:USBlackRock LifePath 2040 Portfolio - R1USAFund of FundsFlexible Portfolio
LPSFX:USBlackRock LifePath 2040 Portfolio - SUSAFund of FundsFlexible Portfolio
STLEX:USBlackRock LifePath 2040 Portfolio - IUSAFund of FundsFlexible Portfolio
LPCRX:USBlackRock LifePath Retirement Fund - Investor CUSAOpen-End FundBalanced

The problem is my 2015 fund - I actually think it's closed. But you'd think it would still have a symbol.

Anyway, I highly suspect the FP will tell me to move this Black Rock 2015 money since I'm probably too heavy into bonds in my PIMCO fund.

I'll know more after our meeting and that may solve my whole Quicken download issue.

If it is not publicy traded it won't have a symbol so quicken will not find any price quotes. My 401k has a company stock fund, stable income fund and some Trowe trust funds. I update them manually. The web page for the 401k has a setting for RSS feed for the prices, I saved that in the browser and can just open that to get the prices.

You could probably use the symbols above as long as they behave similarly to your fund. But then you have to adjust your shares instead of your price. I do that once every two weeks, with little tiny changes. might be easier if you end up looking at them daily.

Just update balances

I don't worry about the number of shares. I have been using quicken since I changed over from Andrew Tobias Manage your money in 1988. The way I handle my 401k is just update balances by fund and disreguard the number of shares. It is manual however it is very easy.

I have Blackrock fund in my 401K too. It is privately held and not listed. What I do is set up the fund as a security in Quicken with no ticker. Then every two weeks when payroll deposits into the 401K, the deposit transaction updates and downloads into Quicken with the number of shares and share price. This way pricing is updated every two weeks automatically, any more frequent than that will require manual entry to the best of my knowledge...

Back
Top Bottom