Join Early Retirement Today

Any way to print reports out of FIDO "Full view" screen
Old 06-26-2020, 04:10 PM   #1
Recycles dryer sheets

Any way to print reports out of FIDO "Full view" screen

The reports are pretty good in the FIDO full view (Holdings Detail and Net Worth), but I can't figure out how to download or print them.

Has anyone done this?

Tom
tominboise is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-26-2020, 05:26 PM   #2
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

I'm not a Fido guy, but when I want something that is on a screen I simply hit the "Print Screen" key, then I open up Irfanview and paste (ctrl-v). You get a jpg that you can print or save. If you really need the info you can OCR the jpg too.

https://www.irfanview.com/ Free, and really good.
OldShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 07:02 PM   #3
Give me a forum ...

Hmm...I never really explored the Full View feature but it looks like I can just use my browser print function (Microsoft edge/Win 10), select landscape mode and it seems to work fine.
Old 06-26-2020, 07:27 PM   #4
Full time employment: Posting here.

Out of Firefox I just use the Open menu (three lines at the upper RH corner of the screen) and select PRINT. I set it to something like 85%. It is not perfect, and I lose a bit of the fine print off the bottom, but it works. It seems like a logical feature for them to have an export function, but nothing that I could find.
Old 06-27-2020, 07:08 AM   #5
Recycles dryer sheets

It will screen print but cuts off the right edge. The tip about landscape or 85% will probably do it. Hadn't thought of either of those.

Thanks!

Tom
Old 06-27-2020, 07:11 AM   #6
Give me a forum ...

F11 key will put most browsers into full screen mode. That might help too.
OldShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 07:12 AM   #7
Give me a forum ...

If you're using FireFox there is an extension called Fireshot. I use it to capture long pages, and it has a PDF option, even in free version. I don't have Fidelity or I would run a test for you.

To be clear, this is like a screen capture, so you don't get a text readable PDF.
target2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 02:42 PM   #8
Recycles dryer sheets

Well, I couldn't get any of these methods to work, so I cut and pasted from the report screen into google sheets. It worked fine and the data pasted into the correct columns, etc. So I recommend this method if trying to print from Fullview. Excel would likely work this way as well.

Tom
Old 07-01-2020, 07:56 AM   #9
Dryer sheet wannabe

Google "Snipping Tool". PCs have it built in. You can save screenshots of anything on your screen.
SoaringEagle is offline   Reply With Quote