Anybody join the millionaire club recently?

Architect

Recycles dryer sheets
With the action in the Treasury market last week I did finally - yay! With all the shared pain on this board recently I thought I'd start a positive thread.

Don't hurt me ... :)

Not yet... but I feel like I am being clubbed with a baseball bat and spike sticking out of the business end of it. :p

No salt intended! It's not all bad, anybody with exposure to Treasuries should be happy.

No salt intended! It's not all bad, anybody with exposure to Treasuries should be happy.
Hmmm-- a new millionaire, who likes working, and who believes other posters also have exposure to Treasuries.

Welcome... but what makes you think that you have anything in common with the rest of this board's posters?

In retirement - joining is fun(I did it three times).

It's the un - joining that sucks.

Depending on my mood - I can watch the Saint's play the 4th qtr and pray/swear or I can mutliply 25X my pension and SS and feel 'richer' when added to my portfolio.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D Or look at the income stream and hum:

psssst Wellesley!

heh heh heh - :cool: A little forum joke there.

In retirement - joining is fun(I did it three times).

It's the un - joining that sucks.

Yup, I can attest to that. We joined the club 2 years ago, and now we're on the verge of being kicked out.:rant:

In fact, we may already be out. I've been reluctant to look at our investment account statements. :p

Yup, I can attest to that. We joined the club 2 years ago, and now we're on the verge of being kicked out.:rant:

In fact, we may already be out. I've been reluctant to look at our investement account statements. :p

Same here - joined 2 years ago - close to un-joining now.

I think the "Lost over a million" club will be drawing a lot of members from your million dollar club.....not that any of us want it that way :p

If I live for another 30 years the payout from my pension would be 1.3 million dollars.

Anybody join the millionaire club recently?

Umm, from which direction? :p

I can't believe people are "joining" the millionaire's club these days?
I got thrown out un-ceremoniously about 3 months ago. Hoping I can join again during the coming year. :rolleyes:

Like maybe I'd enjoy FIRE too? Said I like my job, don't love it.

Hmmm-- a new millionaire, who likes working, and who believes other posters also have exposure to Treasuries.

Welcome... but what makes you think that you have anything in common with the rest of this board's posters?

Congratulations Architect, that is an impressive feat in this market.

Now if you made it by shorting stocks, I'd be organizing a lynching party.

I joined the club in September of last year. I was asked to leave the club or thrown out violently August of this year.

Nope - I'm a good guy, no shorting. Just put everything into a neglected asset class - long Treasuries. Hey I'm investing in the good old US of A to boot! That's where my confidence is.

Best investing advice I got from a buddy who retired early was 'It's just like going to the grocery store - just buy stuff on sale'. Of course the difficulty is knowing what's on sale, but after some economic forecasting I judged that the long bond at 5% was a good deal.

From today on, this site should be called

"Dreaming-Early-Retirement Forums".

Originally Posted by TromboneAl
I wonder if Millionaire Mommy Next Door had to change her name?

I'm sure it's mega-multi-millionaire-mommy-next-door. After all, she must have seen this downward trend coming.

Mkay, where is this original post by T-Al? I've had this happen before. Did it get deleted?

Architect, could you explain exactly what your position is? T-bill fund? If it's actual bills, what was your purchase time and rate?

laurence,
No T-Bills, there's never action there, especially now with yields crushed because of financial system liquidity problems. I went to the long end of the curve, where you want to be in a period of declining interest rates. I bought 30 year Treasury bonds in Treasury Direct. A lot of money too - and no fees - I've saved many thousands in fees. Various rates as I DCA'd them over a year at auction, averaging almost 5%.

The difficult part was tuning out all the inflation noise the past two years. I tried to make this point in another post, for some reason people are generally married to the idea of inflation, and just don't seem to understand that inflation isn't the problem right now. What we saw the past year was speculation, not inflation. But now the tide has gone out and we're finding who has been skinny dipping.

The long bond is presently at 3.6%, I'm guessing it will bottom around 3% this cycle, offering a healthy return (even from 3.6% still)

Architect, could you explain exactly what your position is? T-bill fund? If it's actual bills, what was your purchase time and rate?

Back
Top Bottom