Anybody know about problems at Vanguard?

Tracy42

Recycles dryer sheets
I just logged into my account and it says I have a balance of ZERO! I'm holding on the phone and the automated system says they have a "high call volume" and it could be 30 minutes or more.

getting a "temporarily not available" ... seems like a site problem.

Yea mine says zero too, I think it's a problem with the website...at least I hope it is.

$0.00 here too.. Makes me rethink that thread a few days ago about having "all your eggs in one basket" as far as institutions!

Freaking out a bit, but since everyone is experiencing it, I am sure if is some type of maintenance. I heard vanguard still runs most of the system in COBOL, so....
:LOL:

And in other news, John Bogle has just departed on his GulfStream to Nevis for a much needed "vacation"......

Well that makes me feel better that others are experiencing it as well. I'm still on hold - 15 minutes and counting. I'll post what they tell me if I ever get through.

I'm getting this message:

'Some areas of Vanguard.com®, including My Portfolios and Research Funds & Stocks, are temporarily unavailable. Price and performance information for Vanguard® funds (as of market close on the last business day), however, is still available."

Better than seeing a balance of ZERO, that's for sure!

Peter

OK, I never got through on the telephone, but logged back into Vanguard and my portfolio balance was back, and was correct, so they have apparently fixed the problem. A bad 30 minutes or so...

That kind of immediate recognition, acknowledgment, and repair of the problem on a Saturday evening is reassuring.

It's not about whether there will be computer glitches. It's about how they respond to them.

Rich_in_Tampa said:
That kind of immediate recognition, acknowledgment, and repair of the problem on a Saturday evening is reassuring.

It's not about whether there will be computer glitches. It's about how they respond to them.

I agree, a very good sign and my account is back to normal too :)

While logged into Vanguard, I found the "cheat code" to transfer everyone's assets to my account. Too bad Vanguard figured out what I was doing ... otherwise I could finally retire.

LOL! said:
While logged into Vanguard, I found the "cheat code" to transfer everyone's assets to my account. Too bad Vanguard figured out what I was doing ... otherwise I could finally retire.

dude your suppose to keep that stuff quiet!!, it is how I retired at 39.

Reminds me of when I worked at a Bank in the 70's. An old Italian guy would come in every Friday and ask for all his money (like $60,000) then he would count it and re-deposit it. Aften years of trying to convince him his money was safe and counting it did not mean it was safe, the Bank just kept enough cash to cover his visit each Friday. He was always happy. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom