Anyone dealt with Washington Federal Savings?

brewer12345

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
This is a Seattle-based bank with operations all the way down to NM (but not CA). Anyone been a customer or know about them? Good to deal with? Anyone gotten a mortagge from them? PITA or loose lender?

I have dealt with them for years, both as a loan customer and a depositor. They are the anti-WAMU. Very conservative, very tight fisted. Their annual meetings are almost funny they are so stodgy.

At the current stock price you are unlikely to lose much, but the upside may not be huge either.

They may be having a little trouble competing with WAMU for deposits., because WAMU is posting some blow out CD rates.

Ha

That's about what I figured, Ha. Hard to tell by reading about them, but I get the impression that they really only want to lend money to people who don't need it.

Had a loan on a 16 unit with them and they were ok to deal with - not even close to PenFed good, but normal banker good. Did have to school a loan officer on whether or not gold philharmonics were an asset, but it was kinda fun trapping him and unloading pockets of cash and gold. Bankers only seem to like assets actually in a bank. Financed our home to drop the interest rate and paid WaFed off as soon as the 3-year prepayment penalty phase was up. This was all maybe 6-7 years ago, but i'd say they seem good locally - not loose as far as i know.

Back
Top Bottom