Anyone else finish their taxes yet?

cute fuzzy bunny

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Well, we're ALMOST done. I'm still waiting for the formal w-2 from my wifes employer...just used her 12/31 paycheck for the key info. Vanguard dropped their tax stuff for turbotax import yesterday and all the banks/CU's already supplied online 1099's.

At this stage, without further winnowing, we owe about $400 to the feds and nothing to California.

Man, am I pissed about that $400...but the war aint over yet... ;)

Hell, I am still waiting for a w2, let alone the numerous 1099s, the 1098, and my fave, the MLP k-1 that usually becomes available in March.

Just as soon as I get my hands on that CostCo discounted TurboTax.

Really looking forward to those state tax credits this year.

I'm waiting on my W-2 also. Since I had a couple of supplemental paychecks when I left employment, I'm not sure exactly what goes in what boxes for my taxes. I did estimate them after my last paystub, and will get a bunch of money back.

Had I worked the entire year, I would have broken even. But since I only worked 6 months and pre-paid some deductions, I'm getting a LOT back.

() said:
Well, we're ALMOST done. I'm still waiting for the formal w-2 from my wifes employer...just used her 12/31 paycheck for the key info. Vanguard dropped their tax stuff for turbotax import yesterday and all the banks/CU's already supplied online 1099's.

At this stage, without further winnowing, we owe about $400 to the feds and nothing to California.

Man, am I pissed about that $400...but the war aint over yet... ;)

Screw you. ( :))

(I just paid my 4th quarter estimates for last year and figured out too late that I underpaid them.)

I sent my estimated payment too ugh. I have all W2s but no 1099's and I still have to wait for the K1 from the CPA, he'll be here in two weeks to do the audit and should have something for me by the end of Feb.

Ours is almost done -- I needed it to estimate totals for the financial aid stuff (FAFSA). As soon as we get the rest of the forms, we'll have the accountant finalize it and send it in.

Got a $2,000 education credit and maxed out both Roth IRA's, SEP-IRA and HSA.

Martha said:

You dont know how much this made me laugh. The wife even came into the kitchen to ask what the hell was so funny. So I told her. She said she agrees with your comments, in any context.

Martha said:

(I just paid my 4th quarter estimates for last year and figured out too late that I underpaid them.)

I AM SOOOO MAD! :mad: I underestimated my 2005 1st quarter estimate and now I owe the IRS one whole buck.

At least, I'll be holding onto over $2k until they cash my check after 4/17.

....and i'm done. Wifes formal W2's came in today along with the form I needed to finish up her family leave coverage.

All I have to do is wait a week or two to make sure no errant forms come dribbling in, go back to vanguards turbotax for the web and click the e-file, couple of weeks later all of our withholding will magically appear in the checking acct.

I was a LITTLE irritated that for some reason vanguard didnt transfer the cost basis and date of purchase for the funds I sold in '05. I had to go back into their transaction history for the info and type it in manually. Its not like they couldnt figure it out; I got print from them a few weeks ago showing the info on a summary report for tax purposes ?!?

Have not even touched them (4 returns - pretty simple). I do them all
manually. Should be pretty routine. Lots of changes in 2006, so next year might be a challenge.

JG

If any of you are in Vanguard REIT fund, best to hold off filing.
They do not send out their dividend advise until sometime in Feb.
They have to process all the Ltd partner advise forms etc that come from the REITs in the profolio
nwsteve

Yep, I'm waiting on Vanguard REIT, too. And for my employer ...... :p

had some wild capital gains this year as we sold some co-op apartments in a prominant nyc building....a whooping 225,000 total tax payment due this year.......its amazing

Nope

Still waiting on VG REIT - plus more DRIP 1099 Div stuff. Meanwhile - back to killing off some more DRIP plans and transferring to VG broker account. And STILL working/editing the disaster loss forms.

So much for bone lazy and letting things drift into complicated territory over the years. KISS may be good - but now it's work getting there. Hope we get some more snow - so I will stay inside and plug away.

heh heh heh - ala POGO - I did it to myself. In ancient times(working engineer days) - complicated was er ah FUN:confused:?

I have mine ready and waiting to take to the accountant. I'm just waiting for any last minute paperwork that might come in this week. And I have to double check our health premium amount with hubby's former employer.

I'm still waiting for the 1099R for my pension. This comes from the federal Office of Personnel Management, so no telling how late it will be! :D. I have entered most of my dividends and capital gains into TurboTax already. Have also entered most schedule A items. Since this is our first full year of both being fully retired I have no idea how the bottom line will turn out. Also this is our first full year living in a new state so I don't know how the state tax will turn out either.

Grumpy

I'm holding the reit in my ira, so no problems there.

My wife took about six months off last year, and we got paid from about 5 different sources...family leave, unemployment, and several buckets from her work. It looked to me like they were paying her from her long term sick, where she had built up several months worth of unused time. So I wouldnt be surprised to see some other 1099g type form show up for a few grand.

davew894 said:
$400:confused:?  $400:confused:? ... and you're pissed?  I am paying north of $40k this year.  Now THAT is something to be pissed off about.  :mad:

$40K, PLEASE!

img_357933_0_72de7f1975dddc170d2829a3b786df61.jpg

well, it ended up that I owed the feds a little under a grand and 400 to the state. So i'm realllly pissed.

at least it was the easiest tax return i've done in years. Except for the manual cost basis and purchase date on 8 funds, it was pretty much import from last years tax file, import from vanguard, import from the bank, answer a few dozen questions "NO" and go.

Back
Top Bottom