Anyone else want to join the "Lost over a million" club?

novaman

Recycles dryer sheets
This week put me into the club....not one I ever thought I'd be joining :(

Don't know yet. Only reconcile once a month. But I was well along at the end of October - over half way there...

I'm in! But no offense, guys, I think the parties are more fun (better food, rinks, and atmosphere) in the "I Just Became A Millionaire" Club/thread.....

Hey I just started one of those clubs down below. Come join while the bar is still open :)

Great- It looks like we'll have a decent sized group. SO we need to come up with a theme song or slogan.

I'll start- How about

"Easy Come, Easy Go"

Great- It looks like we'll have a decent sized group. SO we need to come up with a theme song or slogan.

I'll start- How about

"Easy Come, Easy Go"

"Once I was a rich man"

If you count from the peak at Oct 07, then yes I'm down 1M. I sure wish I could hit the reset button and redo this year.

If you count from the peak at Oct 07, then yes I'm down 1M. I sure wish I could hit the reset button and redo this year.

Does anyone remember "Groundhog Day" with Bill Murray. If only do overs could be that easy.

I don't mind joining the lost a million club, it is losing the multi-millionaire status which is painful.

I always want my own game show with a bunch of hot woman, scheming to get their hands on my money.

The silver lining is that my dividend and income has dropped only modestly this year, despite some painful cuts because I also had a more companies raise dividends than cut.

Dow 15,000 by 12/31/2013

this thread makes my 15k loss more bearable. THANK YOU

Well over - anybody else out there pushing on -2M? Counting declining value of real estate, and greed (my own) induced loss of value on megacorp stock options, I'm almost in striking distance. The stock options are likely to hurt the worst over the long term since they probably will not recover within the term of the options. Nothing has really been "lost" because nothing has been sold. The paper losses are not pleasant, but probably better than real, hard, locked-in losses. I'm an optimist though, most of the time, and I kind of think things will start to bottom out and maybe turn up before long.

R

Of course I don't want to join this club.

Yes, I'm a Cardcarrying Member of the Club. But quite frankly, I'm not concerned. I never put my full faith in equities, so what I have in that asset class will just have to work to recover.

Peace. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom