anyone ever heard of bi-monthly SS payment ?

aggie76

Recycles dryer sheets
My wife just got off the phone with the SS agent setting up her payments. Last thing the lady said was that she will be receiving her CHECKS ( actually direct deposit) TWICE a month.
Ive never heard of bi-monthly SS payments and don't even see it as an option. Can anyone shed a little light on this.
I don't really care how she gets her money but am really curious. Of course I can't find anything on the SS websites.

Never heard of that. My husband's come once a month (3rd Wednesday). There was no option regarding bi-monthly presented nor have I ever heard of this before,

I never heard of this and can't find any mention of it on the SS website. Was this a direct call she made to SS?

When I started receiving my SS check a couple months ago, they sent me a letter prior to the first check that I would receive the check based on what day of the month my birthday fell on. For me, it's the 4th Thursday of the month I believe. There was no option.

Perhaps your wife is getting both her and her spousal benefits delivered as two separate checks? When a spouse applies for SS, it is first weighted against their own earnings. If there's a higher amount for a spousal benefit, that is added on to their own earning benefit. I've never heard they are divided into two checks, just two different pots of money are funding the total amount.

Last edited:
Social Security benefits have always been paid monthly, unless something has changed very recently. She might be receiving her retroactive benefits during the month and then will receive her regular check later the same month, but not bi-monthly all the time.

False alarm. Called the SS fraud folks and they confirmed that the agent was real and the application os legit and being processed. There was no way that the agent said what my wife heard so we will just write it off as a translation error. The fraud folks were delighted that she called as there are tons of very tricky scams regarding SS now.
There is ABSOLUTELY NO bi-monthly payments available.
Thanks for the answers
Bottom line
ALWAYS BE VIGILANT....

Back
Top Bottom