Anyone still believe in Bogle?

Roger Lococco

Confused about dryer sheets
Or does Prof. Shiller seem like a slightly more informed intellect.

Remember that Prof Shiller saw the current situation coming and clearly.

I attended two classes taught by Prof Shiller and he seemed very , ohhh, not humble but like, ordinary guy.

Bogle seems like a showman, and people with little time to investigate, love a show.

Just wondering if people still believe the Bogle approach. If so are you pumping money into indexes?

WHo the heck ARE you? You one crazy poster.........

Hey FD,

Is that a Sarah Palin Avatar or Tina Fey? :D

Hey FD,

Is that a Sarah Palin Avatar or Tina Fey? :D

I was gonna ask where you got a picture of my Sister who thought Brett Farv was cute - deserting the Pat's after many years - and always votes Republican.

She used to call every Sunday in the old days mention the Pat's and say something like 'too bad about those Saint's they tryed or something trying to sound sympathetic.'

Now post election - >:D >:D >:D ;)

heh heh heh - family is family - still love my Sister. :D.

Bogle since 1977 - the horse I rode in on - 15th year of retirement. And for those who insist on a road less traveled: Pssst Wellesley!

Ever make any bad choices? Like where to live?:cool:

I was gonna ask where you got a picture of my Sister who thought Brett Farv was cute - deserting the Pat's after many years - and always votes Republican.

She used to call every Sunday in the old days mention the Pat's and say something like 'too bad about those Saint's they tryed or something trying to sound sympathetic.'

Now post election - >:D >:D >:D ;)

heh heh heh - family is family - still love my Sister. :D.

Bogle since 1977 - the horse I rode in on - 15th year of retirement. And for those who insist on a road less traveled: Pssst Wellesley!

Is there a full moon or something?

Ha

I attended two classes taught by Prof Shiller and he seemed very , ohhh, not humble but like, ordinary guy.

Bogle seems like a showman, and people with little time to investigate, love a show.

Just wondering if people still believe the Bogle approach. If so are you pumping money into indexes?

Believe in what?

Timing the market - which would be the implication of "saw the current situation coming..."

Or buy and hold inexpensive index funds in an appropriate AA dictated by need and tolerance for risk and ignore the noise a la Bogle.

I continue to invest biweekly in the lagging index funds for my AA.

DD

Ever make any bad choices? Like where to live?:cool:

That's where NASA had the ole rocket plant and I needed a job. In the old days it was a sugar plantation - built on high ground - at least four feet above sea level.

Made many a bad choice till I kicked those active funds and got faith - in Bogle.

Two threads in one - do I get a gold star?

:D

heh heh heh - Did I mention , I grew up near Mt St. Helens. :rolleyes: :cool:

Oh and one more thing - if you get to Amazon in time - you can order Bogle's new book 'Enough' in hardcover - but it won't arrive til Monday the 10th at the earliest.

heh heh heh - the first 15 years of early retirement with Bogle were so much fun - gonna go for another 15 minimum. :rolleyes:. Full moon isn't til the 13th. Marine Corp birthday Monday.

Oh and one more thing - if you get to Amazon in time - you can order Bogle's new book 'Enough' in hardcover - but it won't arrive til Monday the 10th at the earliest.

heh heh heh - the first 15 years of early retirement with Bogle were so much fun - gonna go for another 15 minimum. :rolleyes:. Full moon isn't til the 13th. Marine Corp birthday Monday.

i already got mine ordered. and i just may get a tattoo of ol' Jack Bogle's staple, "stay the course", put somewhere.

the only moon to see here is possibly a reflection in the mirror. badda bing badda boom...:cool:

If you attended two courses taught by Prof Shiller, than you were a Yale undergrad? or, did you find him in a different setting?

I'm not sure if I see Shiller and Bogle as being incompatible. Bogle says individuals aren't able to beat the market, so just buy in and ride it. Shiller says there is a lot of psychology which causes overreactions, but most mortals can only identify them in hindsight.

What am I missing?

Dang! I had my 'Ignore User' list emptied, and now there's a [-]troll living[/-] new client there again! :D

Nope - not new - but according to my PM - an adjustment has been made.

heh heh heh - actually a thunderstorm/cold front behind coming thru this part of Missouri - must be the weather. :D

Back
Top Bottom