Anyone thinking about some tax loss harvesting?

jabbahop

Recycles dryer sheets
I have some nice short term losses in vanguard funds that I am thinking about harvesting. Any thoughts about stowing them in money market for the 31 days or put in different funds. I am inclined to put them in other funds in case there is a quick bounce.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We've already begun the harvesting/swapping out, (and perhaps holding the cash in abeyance), with individual stocks.

Today (Monday) might be a better day.

Yep, thinking about it - I did this in 08 and will likely have enough carryover from that event for a few more years yet!

After this thread, I went out and looked what I had for potential losses. Sadly, even after today, I'll be ahead on all holdings. That's what I get for "buy and hold, hold, hold"! Good news/bad news I guess.

I harvested a loss today to offset some selling I did earlier this year. I think there will be several opportunities in the next 30 days to put it back to work. I wanted to free up cash to do just that.

After this thread, I went out and looked what I had for potential losses. Sadly, even after today, I'll be ahead on all holdings. That's what I get for "buy and hold, hold, hold"! Good news/bad news I guess.

might also mean no significant investments recently since at least S&P500 has been in record territory most of past year? Otherwise I can't figure out where all the losses are coming from either.

I don't have any losses (yet). Considering the last time I made any major equity fund purchases was late 2011, markets would have to drop considerably for me to have any losses to harvest.

Back
Top Bottom