Anyone watching OSM? Big sell today

justin

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Looks like someone sold a 200,000 share block today. Harris Everett (at 358,880 shares) and Swiss Re (at 400,000 sh) are the two listed institutional shareholders at yahoo finance. Musta been one of them selling. Today's trade represents 5% of the float sold at one time.

If a big institutional holder is selling such a large stake, does this mean anything? Probably just a blip on the radar screen, huh?

Its a bond, not a stock. Someone could be selling because their interest rate position changed significantly, etc. I don't see anything similar in ISM or JSM, so I am not inclined to care.

brewer12345 said:
Its a bond, not a stock. Someone could be selling because their interest rate position changed significantly, etc. I don't see anything similar in ISM or JSM, so I am not inclined to care.

Also, the stock, SLM, is slightly up on a little less than 1/2 normal volume. Maybe the seller was only parking funds she now would like to use elsewhere.

Obviously someone stepped up to buy that slug, as it is more than a week's normal volume. I see the low so far today is 21.15- maybe it went at that price. Can anyone see the ticks to tell us about that?

Overall, if more than a week's volume can be sold with only a 20 cent or so concession, seems pretty strong underlying demand.

ha

I was watching it, and then went back and looked at the ticker. OSM was trading normal in the 21.50 range when boom a 198K block went for 21.15. It moved back to the 21.30 range for the rest of the day. I bought some more at 21.33 for my mom's account to replace a maturing CD

HaHa said:
Can anyone see the ticks to tell us about that?

Actually, if you bring up the daily chart on Yahoo, you can trace the price chart with the little circle, and it shows the price, volume, and time of the trades. It shows that a block of 196,900 traded at 10:49 at 21.15; then as clifp says it went back to normal trading in the 21.30 - 21.40 range. There are three other spikes over 200K in the volume chart shown in the afternoon, which I suspect are errors, since the price barely moved, and the total daily volume is shown as 225,300.

FIRE'd@51 said:
Actually, if you bring up the daily chart on Yahoo, you can trace the price chart with the little circle, and it shows the price, volume, and time of the trades. It shows that a block of 196,900 traded at 10:49 at 21.15; then as clifp says it went back to normal trading in the 21.30 - 21.40 range. There are three other spikes over 200K in the volume chart shown in the afternoon, which I suspect are errors, since the price barely moved, and the total daily volume is shown as 225,300.

Thanks FIRE'd@51. I don't trade much, but this is a useful tool to know what is going on on the tading side.

Ha

Back
Top Bottom