Automatic payment option for Penfed ( Pentagon Federal ) Visa

calmloki

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
ACH payment of your Penfed Visa from your local bank:

Auto-pay of the Penfed visa is doable, but not transparent. Go to Penfed home page, click "forms" at top of page, click 6th bulleted item "Authorization Agreement for Automated Clearing House (ACH) Debit", print document. Write in and add a new checked box in section "A" labled "credit card monthly bill in full (or minimum or whatever) each month. For PFCU loan # use your credit card #. I wrote "automatic credit card payment" at the top of the sheet I sent. Call one of the helpful Penfed service people to be sure this is good information and then send it off to Penfed. It's worked for us for the last 3 months, though it takes a bit of faith as they don't send out any payment confirmation. Hope this helps -

Additionally: On the main screen for your account there is a caption called "Email Alerts" and under this you CAN get an automatic alert for "A preauthorized withdrawal has posted to your account" when the money come out of your Share or Checking account to pay your VISA bill. Since the VISA card comes through Pentagon I would think that this is more than sufficient notification to be sure your VISA bill is paid on time.

Someone else mentioned that the transfer and payment was not transparent. I would think this solves that problem.

OAG said:
Additionally: On the main screen for your account there is a caption called "Email Alerts" and under this you CAN get an automatic alert for "A preauthorized withdrawal has posted to your account" when the money come out of your Share or Checking account to pay your VISA bill. Since the VISA card comes through Pentagon I would think that this is more than sufficient notification to be sure your VISA bill is paid on time.

Someone else mentioned that the transfer and payment was not transparent. I would think this solves that problem.

Your E-mail alerts sounded like a great idea - when I just checked though it will only allow alerts for the share account or the certificates we have, not for payments direct to the credit card, which is what the original workaround does. Might be able to do sort of a 2 step shuffle to do an ACH to the share account, get notification, and then auto-pay from the share account to the Visa, but I haven't tried that.

Back
Top Bottom